DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Satellite Reception Question

PhoenixBird

Reactions
I've been piloting my Air for a few months now and enjoying it very much. I'm an avid reader of the forums but have a question that I cannot find an answer too, maybe someone can help. Basically, I'm interested in finding out how many satellites I am connected to when flying. I see the satellite strength display on the controller, but how do I tell the number of satellites I am actually connected to? Is it simply by counting the number of bars in the display?

You may be looking at the "HD" symbol though, which I've not seen on mine.

What kind of controller are you using, would be a good question also?
The HD icon only appears on OcuSync or LightBridge devices like Mavic Pro or Phantoms. "Wifi" devices like Spark or Mavic Air have Wifi icon with current frequency next to it.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
The HD icon only appears on OcuSync or LightBridge devices like Mavic Pro or Phantoms. "Wifi" devices like Spark or Mavic Air have Wifi icon with current frequency next to it.
I, and the OP I believe, was thinking about the satellite/GPS lock numbers, not the 2.4 or 5.8ghz buuut, I much appreciated this answer as it cleared things up for me about the HD symbol.

I didn't know if it came on the Smart Controller or CrystalSky

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint