DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Satellite

1hoax

Reactions
Hi there, was just wondering flying near transmitter/receiver other than potential flight disruptions can they cause any software damage to the drone?

Thanks in advance : )

Not really sure what you are asking, I’m assuming you are not talking about an actual satellite :) and maybe talking about a dish?
A satellite dish will not effect your drone.
If you are talking about something else....please explain

Reactions: 1hoax and RogerMav
Hey there, spotted some very large ground satellite dishes at an industrial park that are used for transmitting/receiving.
Can’t seem to work out how to put photos on this app : /

Ahh ok. I wouldn’t bet my balls on it, but I would say that unless you were hovering in the dish, you should be fine

0a2c2f162f080ab47f4cc0815acfdfa5.jpg

if you did get interference from them the mav should give you a warning message and could go into atti mode or do a return to home through loss of signal as stated earlier,probably not a good idea to fly very close to the front of the dishes in a direct line of the signal,they are receiving signals from satellites anyway the same as the mav

All seemed good in the flight, no warnings.
Just with little to no knowledge in the workings of a drone or satellite am not sure if it could of caused any damage wouldn’t yet notice.
Someone was saying it could corrupt sensor information ?‍♂️

Hi there, was just wondering flying near transmitter/receiver other than potential flight disruptions can they cause any software damage to the drone?

Thanks in advance : )
I think you mean hardware damage, versus software. Besides, aren't those dishes receive only?

Reactions: 1hoax
Correct, they aren't transmitting anything. They're like giant ears, nothing more.

: / I have no idea but I spoke with the company that owns them and they said the were transmitting and receiving ?‍♂️

Thats a Satellite Earth Station, yes, they are uplinking to satellites. So Transmit and receive.

Reactions: 1hoax
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet