DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save 10% with code for Mavic 2 Pro Filters + Chargers + Accessories

apparently I'm an idiot and don't know how to order anything. I screwed up a few times. Finally got what I wanted in there

Will you be getting any additional batteries in stock, I want to buy two extra batteries for the M2 Pro?

Last edited:
Yes, these (6 pack, 4 pack) are not rotatable but fixed to correct polarization angle.

These are rotatable but shipping at a later date.
https://www.amazon.com/Mavic-Pro-Pa...e=UTF8&sr=1-3&keywords=mavic+2+nd+lens+filter

Car charger:
https://www.amazon.com/Accessories-...&ie=UTF8&sr=1-40&keywords=mavic+2+car+charger

Be sure to use the 10% off coupon!
Thanks for the code fstop.labs!

What is the advantage of a rotatable CP for use on drones? Doesn't the lens stay fixed in a horizontal orientation on the M2P?

Thanks for the code fstop.labs!

What is the advantage of a rotatable CP for use on drones? Doesn't the lens stay fixed in a horizontal orientation on the M2P?

Spinning the CP lets you control the effects it generates on your video or photos - you may not want the max effect each time.

A CP will only let light through in one direction - Light that has reflected off a car windshield or water is mostly horizontally polarized. So when the CP will block most of the horizontal light hence minimizing your reflection. When you place the CP and look at your computer screen and rotate it the screen will turn dark as it goes - having the ability to rotate it allows you to control the power. Maybe you don't want the sky to be so blue :)

Take a look below:
Understanding & Using Polarizing Filters

Spinning the CP lets you control the effects it generates on your video or photos - you may not want the max effect each time.

A CP will only let light through in one direction - Light that has reflected off a car windshield or water is mostly horizontally polarized. So when the CP will block most of the horizontal light hence minimizing your reflection. When you place the CP and look at your computer screen and rotate it the screen will turn dark as it goes - having the ability to rotate it allows you to control the power. Maybe you don't want the sky to be so blue :)

Take a look below:
Understanding & Using Polarizing Filters
For maximum effect the polorising filter should be perpendicular to the light source- I.e the sun. So if the sun is low to your left the filter needs to be pointing to the left. Turn the drone round and fly back the other direction and you need to rotate the filter the other way around as the light source is now on the other side.

Likewise if the sun in in front of behind you the filter will have virtually no effect at all.

Having a fixed horizontal polorising is only going todarken sky's when the sun in very high in the sky.

I really think it's worth holding of for the rotating filters. I use CP filters on my DSLR all the time for landscape photography and the best position is virtually never horizontal. Both for blue sky's bad green foliage.

That said, they will reduce water reflections as the surface is horizontal.

Reactions: bluesgeek
Circular CPL's being tested!

I like the idea of rotating the filter AFTER it’s mounted on the M2P camera. Sure beats the heck out of trying to dial in the filter BEFORE snapping in on the MP camera. It’s possible, but it ain’t easy.

Good job!

Ray Jay

My graduated filter order got cancelled and says unavailable :( those the ones I wanted the most. I do alot of sunrise/sunset photos.

update: Order placed for car charger and AC charger. Need graduated ND's though...Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitch
I too need those graduated ND filters for the MP2 pro but it is unavailable according to Amazon. Please let me know when they become available

I too need those graduated ND filters for the MP2 pro but it is unavailable according to Amazon. Please let me know when they become available

Regarding the graduated filters, what is the advantage of the graduated filters over the ND and polarized filters?

Ray Jay

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag