DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

save mavic 3

f-hfly

Reactions
Hello, I wanted to ask about ways to properly fly the MAVIC 3 because it is a very expensive drone.

Is the MAVIC 3
Sensitive to dust and sand that will get inside the components, or the sensor of the camera
Or does he have protection.?

In which areas it is advisable to fly and in which areas it is not advisable to fly this drone.
Perhaps the most problematic is the sea
Because the sand is very salty.
I have a large mirror surface.
Maybe it's better to build for him
Elevation device

Elevation of a meter or 1.5 meters.
In order to prevent the entry of dust during takeoff and landing.

Ethiopia?
Obviously English is not your native language, so I'll try to understand what you're asking and reply as best I can.

Yes. The Mavic 3 is an expensive drone. Is this your first drone? Will you be using it for professional film making? If you were to "crash" your Mavic 3, is there a repair facility nearby of a DJI facility that you could send your drone to after it might crash.

We all need to learn to fly and develop skill and at some point we ALL crash. Getting a Mavic 3 covered with Care/Refresh if available in your region is expensive to insure as well and the deductible is pretty hefty too. If the answer to two or more of the above questions is "yes" then I would suggest starting with a DJI drone that is less expensive. A DJI Air2S is MUCH cheaper, flies great and has many features. The biggest advantage of the Mavic 3 (IMO) is that the Mavic 3 has a variable aperture camera which is more of a convenience than a necessity. However, if you will be doing major film productions then the Mavic 3 is the one to have. Otherwise, again if it's your first drone. An Air2s or even a Mini2 or Mini 3 pro will get your started nicely for much less money as you learn to fly.

Good luck.

Reactions: KS-6 and GadgetGuy
Hi, thanks for the reply
The English is translated
on Google
I'm not from Ethiopia.
I use
MAVIC 3
For professional use for music video productions.
---------

I have a warranty on the drone for only one year.
I have been flying for 10 years
I have had many types of drones
(I used to fly RC airplanes before that)
I started from DJI
dji -F 450 f550
with a naza system.
2 then I moved to 3
This is DJI's first drone.
And I would assemble the system..
In the past you had to solder
and assemble the drone yourself
It's not like today
Everything comes ready to fly...
For those of us who remember
10-15 years ago. (There was no discount, you had to assemble and build the drone yourself
You would only get parts to assemble.

Overall my question was
How to properly maintain a DRONE so that no sand or harmful dust gets inside it.
(and with this drone it is sealed enough for dust) relatively

Because I saw that it has many openings for ventilation as well.
And I wonder if it can be used in the sea at all.

Or you need a device at least 1.5 meters high as I said in the previous message
With a landing surface to prevent the penetration of dust from the ground.

Last edited:
It's no better or worse than any other DJI drone. Hand launch and hand catch to keep it clean, and don't land it in salt water, even with a rain jacket! Wipe it down if it gets dirty or catches salt spray. We fly it over the ocean all the time!

Reactions: f-hfly and R.Cowan
It's no better or worse than any other DJI drone. Hand launch and hand catch to keep it clean, and don't land it in salt water, even with a rain jacket! Wipe it down if it gets dirty or catches salt spray. We fly it over the ocean all the time!
Not a fan myself of hand launch and cast unless necessary such as off a boat...I always use a landing mat that prevents sand or dust issues during takeoff or landing.

Reactions: f-hfly
I think you're right to be concerned about sand and dust. I avoid taking off from any surface with loose sand or debris. If I don't have a cleaner surface, I'll remove any loose gravel, leaves, twigs and such. When landing, I let the drone hover for a few seconds to blow away any loose material. I would never launch or land the drone on a sand beach or on loose soil.

Hand catching is one option. A foldable "landing pad" or just a piece of thin plywood is another. Have a look on Amazon for options.

I don't see a great value in building an elevated surface.

I've had no problems launching and landing on car roofs. Just check your compass before and immediately after takeoff to be sure that it hasn't been affected by ferrous metals.

Another concern about salt water is the mist in the air created by waves. I avoid flying low over breaking waves.

Enjoy the new drone. Share some photos with us, too.

I think you're right to be concerned about sand and dust. I avoid taking off from any surface with loose sand or debris. If I don't have a cleaner surface, I'll remove any loose gravel, leaves, twigs and such. When landing, I let the drone hover for a few seconds to blow away any loose material. I would never launch or land the drone on a sand beach or on loose soil.

Hand catching is one option. A foldable "landing pad" or just a piece of thin plywood is another. Have a look on Amazon for options.

I don't see a great value in building an elevated surface.

I've had no problems launching and landing on car roofs. Just check your compass before and immediately after takeoff to be sure that it hasn't been affected by ferrous metals.

Another concern about salt water is the mist in the air created by waves. I avoid flying low over breaking waves.

Hovering for a few seconds before landing is a GREAT idea. Thanks!

Hovering for a few seconds before landing is a GREAT idea. Thanks!
If it's a really gritty place, you can apply some throttle to climb again after the drone has begun the final landing process. That's worth practicing in case you ever see a problem during that last part of the landing when the drone takes over the descent.

When there's been a substantial leaf fall on the patio, I'll sometimes waggle the drone back and forth and forward and back to clear a larger area.

(And I'll admit to having used the drone to blow leaves out of the valleys on the roof.)

Follow the manufacturer's (DJI) information about maintaining and protecting your drone. I use a launch pad when taking off from a sandy area. Most of your questions can be answered by simply using common sense.

Not a fan myself of hand launch and cast unless necessary such as off a boat...I always use a landing mat that prevents sand or dust issues during takeoff or landing.
I've never voluntarily landed anywhere other than my hand, grabbing it from below. That part is easy and safe. For launching, I prefer a level surface, about waist high, so I don't have to bend to the ground to turn the battery on. Even a wooden fence post with a 4”x 4” surface will do. Landing pads are just one more item to carry, and guarantee attention, which I try and avoid!

thanks happily

I have attached some pictures from the first session.

Attachments

• sea 1.jpg
    sea 1.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 19
  • sea 2.jpg
    sea 2.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 20
  • sea 3.jpg
    sea 3.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 19
  • nature.jpg
    nature.jpg