DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save Your Maps Permanently to iOS Device for DJI GO 4 no cache or wifi required!!

Well, no go for Android, so far... It may be a Go 4 version issue or something. I wasn't able to spend much time with it today. I downloaded my state and the Here We Go map works fine offline, but not Go 4 maps. I may just need to move the downloaded data to a Dji directory?
Try again tomorrow.

Im using v4.1.15 , when it was working fine last year, it was using Here maps. Also if i change the date back to 2017 on the phone, maps work and it is Here maps. The whole change the date back 2 years just makes life dificult with Airdata, etc,(1st world problems, I know)

Reactions: BossOlive
when the IOS device is equipped with GPS as most now are

Only iOS devices with cellular capability have GPS receivers in them. So, iPhones do, and iPads with cell service do even if the cellulsr connectivity isn't activated, but Wi-Fi-only iPads do not.

Only iOS devices with cellular capability have GPS receivers in them. So, iPhones do, and iPads with cell service do even if the cellulsr connectivity isn't activated, but Wi-Fi-only iPads do not.

Correct. But you can buy a Bluetooth GPS. Garmin Glo is about 100$ and works amazingly.
1ed9b3146f7251f736330f2ac680f995.jpg

Reactions: AMann
The offline map side of the DJI Go app has a lot to be desired.

Very True but great backup if your go 4 happens to crash.(lose cache of satellite map)
And I like knowing where exactly my Mavic or Spark is at all times. [emoji106]

Reactions: mrreddog
Have you checked the map far from your home area ? Downloaded here we go , local province , WiFi off , go 4 running , when I go other areas of my province there is no detail , only MAJOR highways, I only have local streets where I have already cached the map in go4 .

Did you turn on (Use App Offline) option in Here We Go App settings ?
And they just updated maps too.

I really don’t know I’m sorry [emoji52]
No it won't, but it doesn't seem necessary. The android DJI Go 4 app has a switch to download offline maps. Right on the starting screen where it says "go fly" touch the upper right corner (3 vertical bars) and a menu will open. The second item is the offline card option. There you can downoad a max. flying area of a few hundred square miles, just street maps, no satellite pics or topolgical maps.

No it won't, but it doesn't seem necessary. The android DJI Go 4 app has a switch to download offline maps. Right on the starting screen where it says "go fly" touch the upper right corner (3 vertical bars) and a menu will open. The second item is the offline card option. There you can downoad a max. flying area of a few hundred square miles, just street maps, no satellite pics or topolgical maps.

Sweet

I have tried both Google maps and Here We Go, but once I turn the ipad off and turn it back on without the wifi on I do not have a map in the Go app. I have Cashe maps toggle on in the go 4 app, I also had use downloaded maps toggled on in the here we go app. I have an ipad mini 4.

I’m so sorry it seems to not be working anymore like the google maps previously. It’s a big problem either DJI or apple have to fix!
But they don’t really give a crap about us do they ?

• Sad
Reactions: BKeck
I don't understand why the Android version of the Go 4 app can download offline maps but the IOS version cannot? I guess I should have bought an Android tablet instead of an Ipad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000