DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save Your Maps Permanently to iOS Device for DJI GO 4 no cache or wifi required!!

Have you checked the map far from your home area ? Downloaded here we go , local province , WiFi off , go 4 running , when I go other areas of my province there is no detail , only MAJOR highways, I only have local streets where I have already cached the map in go4 .

Reactions: BossOlive
Have you checked the map far from your home area ? Downloaded here we go , local province , WiFi off , go 4 running , when I go other areas of my province there is no detail , only MAJOR highways, I only have local streets where I have already cached the map in go4 .
You don’t get satellite or hybrid maps in offline mode just regular. You can cache for hybrid but if ever you didn’t you have basic map at all times to fall back on. If ever you have to track your lost drone....
Only basic maps are downloaded you have to switch to basic in DJI go 4 if your starting offline.

i'm talking about the basic maps , I can zoom in anywhere in the here we go app and get detail , but when I run go 4 app that same detail is not there , only major roads no local level streets .

i'm talking about the basic maps , I can zoom in anywhere in the here we go app and get detail , but when I run go 4 app that same detail is not there , only major roads no local level streets .

I don’t know it works for me. Did you try zooming in and out a few times at least once in DJI go 4 ?
In normal maps in go 4 App without internet zoom in and out a few times. I suggest you leave here we go in regular map too.

yes I tried that , go 4 will not use your downloaded map from the here we go app , I've never lost the basic map when powering down my ipad , only the satellite map , I can zoom in , in the here we go app , but zooming in , wi fi off , in the go 4 app , no detail is added , it's not using the downloaded map of the here we go app , i'm not sure it's working like you think it is .

yes I tried that , go 4 will not use your downloaded map from the here we go app , I've never lost the basic map when powering down my ipad , only the satellite map , I can zoom in , in the here we go app , but zooming in , wi fi off , in the go 4 app , no detail is added , it's not using the downloaded map of the here we go app , i'm not sure it's working like you think it is .
I’m stumped ,what device are you using?

Last edited:
I use an IOS app called "SYGIC" which provides free maps covering the entire world (or at least most of it they claim) but as they are all permanently stored in the IOS device permanently, when the IOS device is equipped with GPS as most now are, I have often wondered if the DJI GO 4 apps could use these instead of Google maps. Does anyone know if this can be done and how? The Sygic maps though maybe not quite as detailed or as good as Google maps would nevertheless seem adequate. They are free but can take a lot of GB space but a few GB's for the areas needed can be quite reasonable and is often available in an iPhone or iPad.
Any comments or help would be appreciated.

I use an IOS app called "SYGIC" which provides free maps covering the entire world (or at least most of it they claim) but as they are all permanently stored in the IOS device permanently, when the IOS device is equipped with GPS as most now are, I have often wondered if the DJI GO 4 apps could use these instead of Google maps. Does anyone know if this can be done and how? The Sygic maps though maybe not quite as detailed or as good as Google maps would nevertheless seem adequate. They are free but can take a lot of GB space but a few GB's for the areas needed can be quite reasonable and is often available in an iPhone or iPad.
Any comments or help would be appreciated.

DJI go 4 for iOS uses “Here” Maps downloadable via the “Here we go” app but has no satellite view.

Please Subscribe and Thanks for the help Growing my channel
Thanks for the info. I followed that quick and easy video. Coming up on one year owning a drone. I seldom look at the map but I can see and understand the need. Last week I was filming a new road being built it would have been nice to see just how close on a map I was to the four lane highway.

Safe and smooth flying my friend.

I will give it a shot tommorow, I see app in Android app store, it should work. I have my date set back to 2017 and maps work, but this looks like it will solve the date change thing??

I will give it a shot tommorow, I see app in Android app store, it should work. I have my date set back to 2017 and maps work, but this looks like it will solve the date change thing??

[emoji1696]I hope it works,lemme know if it does.

Reactions: mrreddog
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78