DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Saving the Henry's

Twocalf

Reactions
This is a sequence of clips that I shot a couple of years ago in early April during a high water event near my house. A family living in a pretty rough old house near the river's edge were stranded by the flood waters. There were several aborted attempts to get to them back to dry land, first with an old deuce and a half (6x6) truck and later with a Case backhoe. Both of these attempts nearly ended poorly! The Air National Guard was called around 8:30 AM for a chopper rescue. By the time the Guard arrived, sometime after lunch, the flood waters had receded to the point that you could have driven out and fetched the people with an ordinary four wheel drive vehicle but so much effort (read cost) was spent in getting the two helicopters from Boise up here that they went through the rescue exercise anyway using a long line winch retrieval of the three elderly occupants. I shot this with a Samsung smartphone and an old Sony HDR-FX1 which has a nice Zeiss lens with12x optical zoom. This was one of Sony's first high definition cameras and it uses magnet tape! It was raining cats and dogs during the chopper shots so the clips were shot from under the deck of my guest house. I couldn't use my M2P, which I dearly would have liked to have done but you know the drill! Anyway I hope you might get a chuckle of this collection of clips and the old TV show sound tracks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13