Says 'In NFZ', but I am not

Discussion in 'Firmware & Software Discussion' started by Air Nomad, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:28 PM.

1. Air Nomad

Air Nomad Member

I fly a DJI Mavic Pro with an Nexus 6P plugged into remote controll. It says 'in NFZ' but I am not. Screenshot attached. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have flown at this area for 2 years, but now I am blocked. I have tried both Android and Apple. Both are blocked, although interestingly, the Apple was not blocked until today. Nexus 6P was blocked a few months ago.

Attached Files:

2. gwas

gwas Member

Nomad,

If you check Airmap

U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly

You will see that much of New Jersey is in a No Fly Zone. This is an FAA VIP airspace zone related to the President being in the are I believe.

Gary W.

3. Just_nick

Just_nick Well-Known Member

This is why you need to know what you're doing before you operate a drone.

4. beachcombing

beachcombing Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2018-08-12 U S Air Space Map Know Before You Fly(1).png Screenshot_2018-08-12 U S Air Space Map Know Before You Fly.png