DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC and a projector

Dharris6891

Reactions
Has anyone every used a projector hooked up to their smart controller via the hdmi port? I have a friend who puts on freestyle MX competitions and was thinking it could add a different angle for the spectators, live drone footage from above projected to a large screen. It's a small enough venue and has wide enough safety areas to be able to safely fly from one vantage point and capture the action. I do realize something like this would require a part 107 and insurance for sure. Any thoughts or opinions?

Never seen it done but it sounds badass. Like the Skycam from a football game but more versatile and easier to set up. What gets exported? Is it 4k?

Never seen it done but it sounds badass. Like the Skycam from a football game but more versatile and easier to set up. What gets exported? Is it 4k?
Thats my thought on it, basically a portable skycam. I'll have to play with the SC a bit here at home and see, but from dji's site, it looks like it will output 4k.

Reactions: thispilothere
I got to play with the hdmi out a bit at home on the TV. There is an option to output just the camera image from the AC, so no clutter from the OSD. it's a nice crisp picture. Now to find someone with a projector to try it out with before I buy one!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929