DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC batteries

GGehret

Reactions
Hi, I was just wondering: it doesn't look like the SC batteries are accessible to the user. Not that it will happen for quite a while, since my controller is new--but what happens when the SC no longer holds a charge? DO you think or know if DJI would replace the batteries if the controller were sent back to them...and I"m sure for a price...but if/when that day arrives, I certainly would hate to spend another 650+ for a new controller. Just wondering........

it doesn't look like the SC batteries are accessible to the user
You got it. Just like other DJI remote controllers, you'll need to send the remote controller in for repair or replace the battery yourself (if you can source a new battery) in the rare case that your battery needs to be replaced.

Reactions: Thomas B
You got it. Just like other DJI remote controllers, you'll need to send the remote controller in for repair or replace the battery yourself (if you can source a new battery) in the rare case that your battery needs to be replaced.
I pretty much figured as much that I'd have to send it back for repair when that time comes, and that's okay. Even a couple of hundred bucks or so would be much better than having to buy a new one. :)

That time will likely never come if you don't store the remote controller with a flat battery for an extended period of time. DJI remote controller batteries are not a common replacement item.

Reactions: Thomas B
That time will likely never come if you don't store the remote controller with a flat battery for an extended period of time. DJI remote controller batteries are not a common replacement item.
Hopefully, yes. But, you know...lithium cell phone batteries eventually, with time, lose their ability to charge. I'm just assuming, with time--hopefully lots of it--the SC will "die" too. Which, reminds me of another question: I read where if the batteries are not used for 10 days, they will start to discharge, and if they are going to be stored for a period of time, they should be discharge to at least 60 percent. SOOO, I doubt I will get to fly much during the winter since many days here are far below the recommended flying temperature; therefore, will I need to physically discharge the batteries for storage, or will they just do that safely on their own???

I read where if the batteries are not used for 10 days, they will start to discharge, and if they are going to be stored for a period of time, they should be discharge to at least 60 percent. SOOO, I doubt I will get to fly much during the winter since many days here are far below the recommended flying temperature; therefore, will I need to physically discharge the batteries for storage, or will they just do that safely on their own?
Are you referring to the Smart Controller battery or the aircraft batteries?

I cannot speak for the big "smart controller" but I have found and purchased replacement batteries for the regular spark and mavic controllers on eBay.

It's not that difficult to change but you have to disassemble completely.

Reactions: GGehret
Agree, ideally you want the battery at 3.7V for storage but minor self-discharge is unavoidable so charging every few months is needed to avoid the cell going below the cut-off of ~3V.

The flight batteries are slightly different as they are High Voltage Li cells and are happy to sit at 3.85V in storage.

Reactions: GGehret
Agree, ideally you want the battery at 3.7V for storage but minor self-discharge is unavoidable so charging every few months is needed to avoid the cell going below the cut-off of ~3V.

The flight batteries are slightly different as they are High Voltage Li cells and are happy to sit at 3.85V in storage.
Thanks for the info. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98