DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scared to buy

sunny1

Reactions
Was going to jump into buying a mavic in the next 2 weeks or so. and now I'm worried. After reading all the problems people are having with this complex little machine and the anguish people must go though I think I may change my mind. I was so looking forward to get into this and now I am having second thoughts. In Canada Best buy wont even take returns even if its defective. And it sounds like DJI has a lot of problems in general. With apps, trying to get tablets and phones to work, Drones coming out of the box defective. Just not sure. My heart says one thing and my brain says another.
sad.gif

Reactions: Wipster
Totally agree, just do it. My buddy had a few issues but overall, 3 of us jumped in and bought Mavic Pros at the same time and we're all having a great time flying together. Some of the computer issues (downloads/uploads and what not) spin those not accustom to that, but for the most part I've been able to get my buddies through the quagmire even with my limited PC skills. I was surprised that DJI's on the phone support is as good as it is.

Was going to jump into buying a mavic in the next 2 weeks or so. and now I'm worried. After reading all the problems people are having with this complex little machine and the anguish people must go though I think I may change my mind. I was so looking forward to get into this and now I am having second thoughts. In Canada Best buy wont even take returns even if its defective. And it sounds like DJI has a lot of problems in general. With apps, trying to get tablets and phones to work, Drones coming out of the box defective. Just not sure. My heart says one thing and my brain says another.
sad.gif
haven't bought mine yet.. now worried either just getting it your always going to hear negative stuff about new stuff { it on the internet it must be true lo }

This forum has 40,000+ members. Most people that post here do so because they have a question or problem. Not many people join the forum and take the time to sign on and post, "Everything is working great."

There was a poll done some months ago here on this forum, like a simple, "Are you happy with your mavic? Would you buy it again?" And I believe at the last count about 95% of the people said YES they were happy. And that doesn't even account for the thousands more mavic owners who don't even know about or use this forum.

I've had my mavic for almost a year (300+ flights) and I've never had any problems. The mavic has always performed 100% predictably and exactly as it was designed to. I crashed it good 1 time on my very first day because I was flying like an idiot and underestimated the stopping distance in sport mode. Luckily only prop damage. It survived an 80 foot drop with no other damage and still flies fine.

I still enjoy flying several times every week, weather permitting, just around my neighborhood with nothing to photograph. I was thinking about a 2nd mavic just to have a spare.

Don't let your decision to purchase be swayed by the percentage of people on this forum who have problems. That's like watching the evening news to see what a wonderful world we live in.

This forum has 40,000+ members. Most people that post here do so because they have a question or problem. Not many people join the forum and take the time to sign on and post, "Everything is working great."

There was a poll done some months ago here on this forum, like a simple, "Are you happy with your mavic? Would you buy it again?" And I believe at the last count about 95% of the people said YES they were happy. And that doesn't even account for the thousands more mavic owners who don't even know about or use this forum.

I've had my mavic for almost a year (300+ flights) and I've never had any problems. The mavic has always performed 100% predictably and exactly as it was designed to. I crashed it good 1 time on my very first day because I was flying like an idiot and underestimated the stopping distance in sport mode. Luckily only prop damage. It survived an 80 foot drop with no other damage and still flies fine.

I still enjoy flying several times every week, weather permitting, just around my neighborhood with nothing to photograph. I was thinking about a 2nd mavic just to have a spare.

Don't let your decision to purchase be swayed by the percentage of people on this forum who have problems. That's like watching the evening news to see what a wonderful world we live in.

Excellent post Bud!

Reactions: born2drone
sad.gif

I wouldn’t buy it again ..!

I wouldn’t buy it again ..!

Shouldn't have to!! The aircraft itself is great, beef up the gimbal a bit and get some real software developers online and it should last for .... ages....

play with a very cheap manual quad outside in the open and in the wind. Just for a few weeks. After that you can handle anything a Mavic will throw at you. If you never flown manual in the wind, you can easily lose your 1200$ investment in a moment of panic.

I don't make alot of money, so I saved my change for 2 years in hopes of getting a drone, when I saved enough for a good drone mavic came out and I jumped on it. The fun I've had was great till the day a a s s h o l e stole it out of my truck. What did I do, got a better deal on this form with more stuff and I'm back in the air, having a blast. You won't regret it.

Reactions: 1px0ff
Would have to say I would by used again, way better deal fly's like new.

Reactions: wowography
And it sounds like DJI has a lot of problems in general. With apps, trying to get tablets and phones to work, Drones coming out of the box defective. Just not sure.
The majority of problems are caused by user error. If you decide to purchase a Mavic and need help, there are people here nearly 24-7 that are willing to assist.

Reactions: kiwi flyer
What exactly are you scared of? Scared of buying a product that has 5* reviews on almost every site they are sold. Don’t believe all you hear and read, pilot error is behind a lot of it! For every one bad review/comment you hear, there are a thousand good ones.

I had never flown a drown before, except for a really cheap toy. I watched a lot of you tube videos and read a lot. I was thinking about going with the spark at first because of the ease and cost.
I was very nervous about spending the money and losing it/crashing it. But I did and I love it. My first flight i was so nervous. But the thing is so easy to fly.
The challenge for new people like me, I believe, is remembering MY constraints and lack of knowledge. It's like getting a brand new high performance sports car when learning to drive. The thing can drive, no problem. But can i not go too fast in the wrong situation and crash it? Beginners mode and/or some height and distance restrictions helped me get more comfortable. So did reading this forum(From people that know what they are doing) and watching youtube videos from experienced people.

Barely 2 months in and I'm much more comfortable. I still have a TON to learn and a bunch of intelligent flight modes I haven't even tried yet. But I'm focused on learning at a slow steady pace. Focused on learning what to do when something fails. I'm very comfortable now with the Return to Home modes, how and when to kill those modes, and how to bring it back and land it manually. Learning to know my surroundings and making sure I'm putting the Mavic in safe situations.

I've only flown in Sports mode a few times so far, so I know how to do it in case I need to get the Mavic back faster or something. I'm lookinig forward to flying in Sports mode much more, but I want to learn more first.

And yes, I bought the DJI Care, so that adds to my piece of mind.

These are complex machines. Things CAN go wrong. But as others have mentioned, the VAST majority of instances are human error. Even ones that weren't....most could have been avoided with more knowledge of how to handle those situations better.

But make no mistake....this thing is A BLAST!! You'll love it.

I have often told myself and others there are some things you can not put a price tag on for the one simple reason - with this awesome piece of equipment you can create a MEMORY that is priceless.

Just buy it! I bought a refurbished Mavic Pro and it has been nothing but great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_