DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scary Experience Today

This is Incorrect
No, it is absolutely correct per DJI and users that have experienced over heating issues. Check out the airflow by putting your fingers behind the gimble. With the cover on, airflow is restricted and heat buildup occurs, which is not a good thing. The manual even indicates that MP should not be operated with the cover on and that it's primary purpose is to protect the gimble/camera when the drone is not in use.

No, it is absolutely correct per DJI and users that have experienced over heating issues. Check out the airflow by putting your fingers behind the gimble. With the cover on, airflow is restricted and heat buildup occurs, which is not a good thing. The manual even indicates that MP should not be operated with the cover on and that it's primary purpose is to protect the gimble/camera when the drone is not in use.

"and users that have experienced over heating issues" have they?
search threads gimble cover:rolleyes:
Gimble Cover on Or Off

Last edited:
I live in s.w florida its hot as hell here i NEVER had a problem using the cover but i only use it in the fog now. but if your objective is to use the footage your shooting then leave it off.

"and users that have experienced over heating issues" have they?
search threads gimble cover:rolleyes:
Gimble Cover on Or Off
Try submitting a claim via DJI indicating that the cover was on during operation. Voids the warranty via neglect. If the user doesn't have the insurance, or has had the Mavic beyond the initial warranty, guess it doesn't matter. I did think about operating with the cover on until I read the warranty and the manual. Too much money to spend to take a chance in my opinion but that's just me.

Try submitting a claim via DJI indicating that the cover was on during operation. Voids the warranty via neglect. If the user doesn't have the insurance, or has had the Mavic beyond the initial warranty, guess it doesn't matter. I did think about operating with the cover on until I read the warranty and the manual. Too much money to spend to take a chance in my opinion but that's just me.
in order for the fan to work,it must pull in air in order to expel air.
covering with the gimble cover then where does it get air flow?
if it doesnt get warmer with the cover on.,then its not making heat to begin with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi