DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scary flight today

I wouldn't do a compass calibration every time. Only when it calls for it and even then after checking if the call for calibration wasn't really nearby magnetic interference.
Maybe do a calibration every few months. Maybe.

I may be a little over cautious, but I fly with 3 phones. 2 don't even have SIM cards. 1 is the interface with the RC, 1 is for flight radar/ ads-b tracker, and the third is my network hub for the other two.
I always make sure everything is fully charged before I go flying.

Oh, that looks nice.

I also have a little check list, now if I would just check it EVERY time! I ALWAYS forget that stupid gimbal cover!
I've stuck a piece of Velcro on my gimbal cover with a trailing piece of material that you cannot fail to notice before flying hence the cover is always removed now before take-off.

Reactions: A.O.
I may be a little over cautious, but I fly with 3 phones. 2 don't even have SIM cards. 1 is the interface with the RC, 1 is for flight radar/ ads-b tracker, and the third is my network hub for the other two.
I always make sure everything is fully charged before I go flying.
So I'm trying to understand this, whenever you fly you have 1 AC, 1 RC, and three phones... all at the same time?

I've stuck a piece of Velcro on my gimbal cover with a trailing piece of material that you cannot fail to notice before flying hence the cover is always removed now before take-off.
Cool, good idea, I think I'll do the same, thanks. ? Just tie a orange ribbon round that gimbal thing ? ?

So I'm trying to understand this, whenever you fly you have 1 AC, 1 RC, and three phones... all at the same time?
Only one actually used for flying.
2nd used for additional apps supporting the flight, and the third being his every day phone providing the other two with a hotspot.

Of course the everyday phone could run the extra apps, unless it's screen is not as big as either of the other two.

ok what was the orientation of your phone? this has happened to me because the lock button was hitting the bottom of the remote. Think how do I lock my phone "click" screen goes to Lock Screen. Just a thought.

Only one actually used for flying.
2nd used for additional apps supporting the flight, and the third being his every day phone providing the other two with a hotspot.

Of course the everyday phone could run the extra apps, unless it's screen is not as big as either of the other two.
And what "other apps" supporting the flight?? I check UAV forecast before my flight... but thats it..

There's that, Kittyhawk or Airmap, FlightAware or FL24, Google maps, etc. I definitely can see running FA or FL24 real time.

I agree though unless he's using a tablet for a bigger screen to run FL24, I'd just use the phone providing the hotspot for those. But he said 3 phones so doesn't sound like any are tablets.

Do a factory reset of your controller and don’t opt in on air sense or DJI improvement program.
Cleared mine right up. IPad mini4?and iPhone 11X Max and Smart controller which all sufferered the same VERY DANGEROUS LOSS OF CONTROL.

This is a serious issue that will most likely be resolved when the Smart controller and MA2 come as a set. Then the proper firmware update should knock down this issue.

Also if you can avoid cashing maps from “MAPBOX” as they are way to detailed and require the processing power to increase.

Approaching 100th DJI Aircraft owned.

I have 31 DJI Care plans registered currently.

phil
Wow Phil, what do you do with 100 (31 active?) DJI Aircraft? How do you use them? DJI must love you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123