DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scheduled maintenance?

basophil

Reactions
I’ve been involved in aerial sports for quite a few years and every aircraft that I’ve had anything to do with – powered or unpowered - requires scheduled maintenance to ensure that it will keep flying. What about drones? Do we keep flying them until they drop out of the sky? Is there a recommended maintenance schedule? If so, who does it? I know the stakes are not as high as for passenger carrying aircraft, but the consequences of even a single engine failure are catastrophic – i.e. total loss of aircraft – and high possibility of damage to persons or property.

Hi!

Noone will do this for you so you have to do it by yourself before each flight. It´s not as hard as on an ordinary aircraft.

You need to check the quadcopter for cracks, bad rotors, bad batteries, app misconfigurations and so on.

Hi!

Noone will do this for you so you have to do it by yourself before each flight. It´s not as hard as on an ordinary aircraft.

You need to check the quadcopter for cracks, bad rotors, bad batteries, app misconfigurations and so on.

Yes, that's basic, like a pre-flight inspection on any aircraft. But scheduled maintenance goes deeper than that. It looks below the skin, at structure, components and systems. Checking over my batteries and airframe won't tell me whether a motor is on the verge of burnout.

i use an air puffer to blow any debris from the motors, check for any loose screws and wipe the lenses with a soft cloth after finishing a days flying and then do a visual check of the props, motors ,gimbal, and any damage to the main structure that might have occured during the flights then before flying again do the normal pre flight checks befor getting airborn

Reactions: SpitFire
All the mentioned suggestions. Also, I check each motor, very important,
with a leaser temp gun. All the motors vary a little, but when one is running especially hot. I don't fly, until figure out what the issue is. I have two MP's, which I fly one or the other, when encounter problems. if one motor goes bad, not good results. Also, use the leaser gun to check heat sink temp, in the summer and winter as well, in summer for over heating. And, in winter how cold its getting. Because I fly from a nice warm car, I am warm, tablets warm, batteries are warm. So, being careful not to freeze the little guy.

Have not done anything but fly itIMG_0154.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada