DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

School me on shooting video

Constant Drone

Reactions
Good day fellow drone operators.
I have been shooting still photos with my drone for over a year and have just started attempting video.
My videos are choppy.
I've heard the SD card needs to be of quality to record good video.
This is the SD card I'm using. Any thoughts?
IMG_2141.jpg

Are you using ND filters to slow down the shutter speed? Your card looks okay but your playback device or video card may be inadequate. Some info on your camera settings, computer specs, and a video sample would help.

Good day fellow drone operators.
I have been shooting still photos with my drone for over a year and have just started attempting video.
My videos are choppy.
I've heard the SD card needs to be of quality to record good video.
This is the SD card I'm using. Any thoughts?
View attachment 85652

I agree. Card looks good. I’d look at playback. What type of video file are you recording? Resolution? What are you playing the video with? What software and age of computer? That should help narrow it down.

Drone type might also help work out any particular filming techniques.
Ah, I looked up your first post M1P.

Probably you need to work out filters and best ways to use them.
ND are really all you need to get shutter and frame rate working together well.
Do you have any yet ? If so, have you tried them at all ?
Plenty of filter threads, maybe search > M1P Mavic Pro ND filters shutter frame < etc here on the forum and have a read, post up here any further questions.

I also find with my M1P, slowing down movement is good for smoother footage . . .
With mine, I slowed down gimbal speed in setting to very low level, I think down around 10%, and also slowed yaw speed down dramatically.
Have a try with that and see if it helps.

I agree. While there are faster cards out there V60 and V90, your V30 card should work fine. That is what I use in my MP1. Also make sure you are not seeing shadows of blades across the lens. A hood might help, or just make sure gimbal is pointing down at least 15 degrees. But slowing movements down are a good idea and ND filters to help slow those shutters down will help.

I will try and load a video. And check my settings and let you know where things are set. Thanks for the responses.

Reactions: dioriosigns
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78