DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Scotland Roadtrip With The DJI Avata

rikk08

Reactions
First video from the Scotland series is out on my YouTube channel.

This one is focused on FPV shots with the new Avata FPV drone which had just arrived in time for my road trip to Scotland. Will definitely be posting more videos inc. drone shots from the trip in the neaer future!
Equipment used:
DJI Avata, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Ronin S 3, Sony A7siii

Let me know what you think :)

#BornToFly

Sweet job on getting all the different footage working together!!!! Bravo!

Reactions: rikk08
I like it overall, great flying and I have a question, @21sec you show a set of waves traveling up a, at a guess, stream mouth, were they just normal waves or something odd?

BUT I am going to be a bit picky here.

Place names would be useful, I scan these videos in the hope of finding places to shoot in a hoped for road trip there myself.

You show yourself flying a drone whilst wearing goggles without a spotter BESIDE you. As far as I know a spotter BESIDE you is a legal requirement under CAA regs. I would guess many people fly as you did but posting video SHOWING no spotter is perhaps ...unwise i.e. I would think it would be better to not show yourself without a spotter beside you.

Low, surface skimming shots could be anywhere, if you are going to use "Scotland Roadtrip" in the title I would have liked to see a greater number of shots that should obviously Scottish scenes ....Then again maybe you did show "obviously Scottish scenes" and I just didn'r recognise them ..... place names might have helped there.

Low, surface skimming shots could be anywhere, if you are going to use "Scotland Roadtrip" in the title I would have liked to see a greater number of shots that should obviously Scottish scenes ....Then again maybe you did show "obviously Scottish scenes" and I just didn'r recognise them ..... place names might have helped there.
You must have recognised the Isle of Skye, although a couple of the places will be less known unless you’ve explored there a lot.

There were a couple of places that I think might have been on Skye but it's only a guess, the opening shot? But that would be simply because the rock blocks appear so 'isolated'.
Perhaps the green watershed into the stream.
1:40 The Quiraing?
But as for the rest I could shoot very similar shots in Co. Antrim and I'd suspect you could get similar in Wales although I don't know about the coastal bays.

Sweet job on getting all the different footage working together!!!! Bravo!
Thank you mate, appreciate it!! I've got more drone shots coming from the incredible place!

Reactions: SmilingOgre
First video from the Scotland series is out on my YouTube channel.

This one is focused on FPV shots with the new Avata FPV drone which had just arrived in time for my road trip to Scotland. Will definitely be posting more videos inc. drone shots from the trip in the neaer future!
Equipment used:
DJI Avata, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Ronin S 3, Sony A7siii

Let me know what you think :)

#BornToFly
LOVE IT!!! Very engaging and well flown with great scenery and a good use of each drone/camera. Totally my style. LOVE IT!!

• Love
Reactions: rikk08
I like it overall, great flying and I have a question, @21sec you show a set of waves traveling up a, at a guess, stream mouth, were they just normal waves or something odd?

BUT I am going to be a bit picky here.

Place names would be useful, I scan these videos in the hope of finding places to shoot in a hoped for road trip there myself.

You show yourself flying a drone whilst wearing goggles without a spotter BESIDE you. As far as I know a spotter BESIDE you is a legal requirement under CAA regs. I would guess many people fly as you did but posting video SHOWING no spotter is perhaps ...unwise i.e. I would think it would be better to not show yourself without a spotter beside you.

normal waves, I just really liked the composition, why?

As for the places, we spent a lot of hours doing research on where to go but we are planning on listing all the places we visited on a blog so stay tuned for that.

As for spotter, yes, I had a spotter with me all the time and it is highly visible at 1:15-1:17. As for more 'recognisable' shots of Scotland, stay tuned for other videos. This one was focused mainly on the fpv flights I did with the Avata in Scotland.

LOVE IT!!! Very engaging and well flown with great scenery and a good use of each drone/camera. Totally my style. LOVE IT!!
thank you 😍😍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada