DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen mirroring during operation

izometric

Reactions
I fly my drone many times as I am travelling with my wife.

She obviously gets bored as I fly my drone. She enjoys watching what I am doing on my screen but this is not the most confortable way to involve her in the operation as I need to face the drone and also the screen is not so easy to watch in bright sunlight.

Before I send a sugestion to DJI, does anyone know any way to mirror your screen to another phone or tablet during the operation so another person can watch what you are doing?

We are using iphones and ipads.

Thanks.

Nope. I’ve looked for something like this for years. There are apps that claim to do it, but they’ve never worked.

I fly my drone many times as I am travelling with my wife.

She obviously gets bored as I fly my drone. She enjoys watching what I am doing on my screen but this is not the most confortable way to involve her in the operation as I need to face the drone and also the screen is not so easy to watch in bright sunlight.

Before I send a sugestion to DJI, does anyone know any way to mirror your screen to another phone or tablet during the operation so another person can watch what you are doing?

We are using iphones and ipads.

Thanks.
Not using iOS systems. You also haven't told us which drone/app you're flying. If it is the Fly app then the easiest solution would be to buy a Smart Controller that has HDMI out and then connect it to another monitor such as a Freeworld monitor. If you are flying a Mavic 2 then you could either use the Smart controller option or a DJI Crystal Sky which also has HDMI out capabilities (although the Crystalsky is old technology).

...anyone know any way to mirror your screen to another phone or tablet during the operation so another person can watch what you are doing?
Yep ... I'm using Apowermirror --> ApowerMirror: Screen Mirroring App for PC/iPhone/Android/TV it is compatible with iOS also.

For spectator purposes it works very good ... You have the app in both devices, then turn on hotspot in your flying device & connect up the other towards it ... finalize then the connection from within the app. Shows perhaps a tiniest delay on the spectator device but they will not notice. And this will not require mobile data either, you can turn that off in the hotspot transmitting device if you want, just a in-between connection through hotspot is enough.

Here how I screen mirror from my Tab to my phone ...

Last edited:
In addition to @slup, Litchi Vue works also with a hotspot to a second iOS device, also has a slight delay to the second device but fine for viewing. Works well.

Here's some info from the website and links from Litchi below.

--"Stream the video from a DJI drone to a second mobile device with Litchi Vue.
Watch the how-to video at
Litchi Vue allows you to stream the video from a nearby device running the "Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire" app. Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network (personal hotspot or external Wi-Fi router).
Supports full screen video view with telemetry as well as VR mode.
Learn more at Help - Litchi

JamOne:
i also tried Screen Stream over http and it works! Free, no router required when enabled mobile hotspot, no need to install anything on target device, just start a simple browser. Nice!
I only have to scale image down to 30-40% to get good fps on the target device.
I can also watch my flight in Oculus VR googles in this way. I see a 2-3 meter wide canvas with virtual environment or passthrough with Quest 2 :) No headache like with FPV googles, because picture goes out when i rotate my head left-right. I'm in VR!
Picture delay is around 0.5-1 sec.

If anybody found a better/faster method, let me know!

Reactions: Jam0ne
We've just released a BETA version of our app DroneControl (see this post) that does exactly that and much more. Your wife won't be limited just to the same WiFi network, she'll be able to join even from home. And she'll not be just a spectator, you can enable her to take control of the gimbal camera or even fly the drone.

JamOne:
i also tried Screen Stream over http and it works! Free, no router required when enabled mobile hotspot, no need to install anything on target device, just start a simple browser. Nice!
I only have to scale image down to 30-40% to get good fps on the target device.
I can also watch my flight in Oculus VR googles in this way. I see a 2-3 meter wide canvas with virtual environment or passthrough with Quest 2 :) No headache like with FPV googles, because picture goes out when i rotate my head left-right. I'm in VR!
Picture delay is around 0.5-1 sec.

If anybody found a better/faster method, let me know!

Yes i've tried others, but the simplicity of Screen Stream over http has me hooked, (for now)

Happy flying, fellow Droner.

Unfortunately apowermirror is way better in quality than "screen stream over http"
Fast, 60p, low latency, almost like see the source device screen.
Only bad that you have to install app to the target device, but the biggest issue it doesnt work in hotspot mode,
only when connecting both device to a router first, then disconnect, and after that i can connect to the source device's hotspot from the target device. Dont know why this limitation.

I just tried Samsung Flow for mirroring. Works like a charm. Cant wait to try it with my Air 2 S. I think you need to have a samsung phone and tablet for it to work like I do. I could be wrong though. I'm stoked

Reactions: HRT and Jam0ne
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm facing the same issue with a Mini 2, struggling to find a mirroring App to duplicate the piloting screen, to a tablet.

Well, I'm surprised to find that most people throughout the web suggest Apower Mirroring: does everyone really use a drone in an urban enviroment only, where a network is (almost) always available? What about countryside and especially mountains? (which is my case specifically)

Also, it turns out Apower cannot pair to the target display using a tethering connection from the main device. Or maybe is me unable to do that but really: the App recognizes the Sim network and gently says something like "no, you have to turn on a WiFi network". Don't tell me!

As @Sady stated before, I've eventually came out in using Samsung Flow (S10e + Tab A) and I was truly impressed to find that the solution was so easy as hell as connecting both devices via WiFi-direct, which is the protocol S.Flow uses.

Know what? Later on I tried to find at least another App that does that as well, in order to let my friends with-non Samsung devices use their mobile phones and connect to my tablet as well. So far, I've found none.

How is that even possibile?

Well, I'm surprised to find that most people throughout the web suggest Apower Mirroring: does everyone really use a drone in an urban enviroment only, where a network is (almost) always available? What about countryside and especially mountains? (which is my case specifically)

Also, it turns out Apower cannot pair to the target display using a tethering connection from the main device...
You need to share the connection with hotspot (if Android) ... Activate it on either device (you can deactivate mobile data if you want) & connect the other to that wifi network ... by that the 2 devices are on the same network & all should work, have never failed me once.

You need to share the connection with hotspot (if Android) ... Activate it on either device (you can deactivate mobile data if you want) & connect the other to that wifi network ... by that the 2 devices are on the same network & all should work, have never failed me once.
Trust me, I've tried.

Nevertheless, tethering has to be active on the "giving" device only; the other one (the tablet, in this case) only needs the normal WiFi toggle on to receive the network from the first one. It doesn't work.

Again: I'm surprised about how the many, many Apps available on the net are about connecting via WiFi/data protocol instead of wireless ones. Bluetooh has limits, we know that, but WiFi direct works just fine.

Yet, you can't find one App with this protocol except for Samsung Flow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian