DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen recording iPhone on all flights?

Drony_Drone

Reactions
The iPhone can do a screen record of its screen. I know to put airplane mode on when flying MM, but does anyone also screen record every flight for safety/proof in case anything goes wrong.

I know there are logs as well, not sure where these are saved, if MM crashes and can’t be retrieved, but maybe a screen recording could also help?

It can be deleted straight away if all ok, but just thinking of a backup. Not sure if it would cope or be worse if screen recording and running the DJI fly app though.

Thoughts.....

The iPhone can do a screen record of its screen. I know to put airplane mode on when flying MM, but does anyone also screen record every flight for safety/proof in case anything goes wrong.

I know there are logs as well, not sure where these are saved, if MM crashes and can’t be retrieved, but maybe a screen recording could also help?

It can be deleted straight away if all ok, but just thinking of a backup. Not sure if it would cope or be worse if screen recording and running the DJI fly app though.

Thoughts.....
That is smart.i was also thinking about that.haha great minds think alike

Reactions: Drony_Drone
Not sure if this is needed now reading more. It seems that the actual flight in a lower resolution is saved to the phone your using as well as the full resolution to the SD.

Not sure if the saving to the phone gives any more or less info than if you did a screen recording?

Not sure if this is needed now reading more. It seems that the actual flight in a lower resolution is saved to the phone your using as well as the full resolution to the SD.

Not sure if the saving to the phone gives any more or less info than if you did a screen recording?

I always screen record my flights now. A couple of reasons. It's not that it records more information about the flight than what is in the logs, but it shows it in a different way. Often messages appear on the screen so briefly that I miss them. Those messages will also be in the logs but seeing exactly what you were doing at the time and the context helps to clarify.

I also switch back and forth between video and stills so if something untoward or interesting happens, I'll have video of it regardless. And I sometimes sync the screen recording, which includes audio, with the full resolution video when creating videos in a desktop editor, ie inserting the screen recording in the bottom corner to show telemetry as the main video plays or to illustrate something. All kinds of uses, actually. :)

@ThorDar - Thanks for your post. Reminded me that audio can be turned on/off during the screen capture.
Good to capture verbal descriptions and comments, hopefully not "WHAT THE *ELL! WHERE'S IT GOING??

I actually have one screen recording that does have a blue streak at the end. It was still recording as I was walking back to my car after I finished doing some flying and I slipped on loose snow and slammed my drone into the ground. Broke the gimbal loose and cracked the front landing gear. This was last year with my MP1.

I made a short video of it at the time using the screen recording but never did upload it until now:

I actually have one screen recording that does have a blue streak at the end. It was still recording as I was walking back to my car after I finished doing some flying and I slipped on loose snow and slammed my drone into the ground. Broke the gimbal loose and cracked the front landing gear. This was last year with my MP1.

I made a short video of it at the time using the screen recording but never did upload it until now:

Sure is a lot of beeps in this video..... ;):D:D Does the recorder automatically beep certain things??? ;)

Reactions: Mrveronn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD