DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen recording

Yes the SC has an integrated Screen Recording function, however, it will NOT record audio or allow settings changes. What you see is what you get. (If you would like audio in your screen recording, see the following post below)

To start screen recording using SC internal screen recorder, there are 2 methods;
(1) you can swipe down the top of the screen to show the drop down menu, then tap on "RECORD"
(2) you can also use a button combination: hold the Back button down (next to left stick), and tap the Rec button (top of controller, left side)

Enter settings to research this func more, its quite useful for adjusting screen recording, screen brightness, sound level, etc. A small semi transparent window will pop up. This window can be dragged anywhere on screen, and its how you can easily stop the recording. Keep in mind that screen recordings using this recorder are in 720p resolution, I believe, so itll eat up the internal memory quickly. I recommend making your SD your default storage.

For those that want audio and/or want to be able to change settings (such as resolution, frame rate, etc).
I hope all my time finding other options might help others out there.

I wanted audio in my screen recordings, for inspections. This led me to search for Screen Recorders that offered this option.

First though, I must mention that the internal microphone inside the SC is JUNK. So you will need to find an add-on mic. I use a simple USB-A (topside port) lapel mic, but only certain mics work, Ive read, so research for SC audio microphones. I know of one 'for certain to work' options that was developed specificly for the SC by DroneValley.

So, with a working mic, and one of these apps below, youll get audio and options to choose from. There are most likely many others out here, but I only worked with these 2.
1) AZ Screen Recorder
2) XRecorder

To install these to your SC, youll need to use apkmirror, or similiar apk database (or you can unlock your SC for Googleplay, like I did. (If your interested, search CertifiedAerials "Googleplay on Smart Controller")

I found AZ to work great on my S8 Note however it caused some screen lag on the SC. I didnt get any lag on Xrecorder but on a few rare occasions the audio just stopped recording, without letting me know, which Ive not yet worked out why. There will be a bit of a testing for you as well, but its not hard to find the right combo. I should also add that even the integral screen recorder on the SC had some minor screen lag, but it was occasional, mostly while using intelligent modes or using the satelite maps

The truth is, the SC is NOT a powerhouse. Id equate it to an S5-S6. So with G04 running and a screen recorder, the CPU is continously running approx 90-95% but it does work. It just wont do anything else, but what else is there?

Thats all I got. I feel I went a little overboard on this one, but I did so with hopes of helping someone out there thats going thru what I did, where I couldnt find any concrete info on this subject. It was all gathered in small bits n pieces, which took up lots of time. Now its in one place. So dont flame me too badly for this long of an answer.

Cheers

For those that want audio and/or want to be able to change settings (such as resolution, frame rate, etc).

I wanted audio in my screen recordings, for inspections. This led me to search for Screen Recorders that offered this option.

First though, I must mention that the internal microphone inside the SC is JUNK. So you will need to find an add-on mic. I use a simple USB-A (topside port) lapel mic, but only certain mics work, Ive read, so research for SC audio microphones. I know of one 'for certain to work' options that was developed specificly for the SC by DroneValley.

So, with a working mic, and one of these apps below, youll get audio and options to choose from. There are most likely many others out here, but I only worked with these 2.
1) AZ Screen Recorder
2) XRecorder

To install these to your SC, youll need to use apkmirror, or similiar apk database (or you can unlock your SC for Googleplay, like I did. (If your interested, search CertifiedAerials "Googleplay on Smart Controller")

I found AZ to work great on my S8 Note however it caused some screen lag on the SC. I didnt get any lag on Xrecorder but on a few rare occasions the audio just stopped recording, without letting me know, which Ive not yet worked out why. There will be a bit of a testing for you as well, but its not hard to find the right combo. I should also add that even the integral screen recorder on the SC had some minor screen lag, but it was occasional, mostly while using intelligent modes or using the satelite maps

The truth is, the SC is NOT a powerhouse. Id equate it to an S5-S6. So with G04 running and a screen recorder, the CPU is continously running approx 90-95% but it does work. It just wont do anything else, but what else is there?

Thats all I got. I feel I went a little overboard on this one, but I did so with hopes of helping someone out there thats going thru what I did, where I couldnt find any concrete info on this subject. It was all gathered in small bits n pieces, which took up lots of time. Now its in one place. So dont flame me too badly for this long of an answer.

Cheers
Thank you jzilla80 for the information. I will give this a try.

1) AZ Screen Recorder
2) XRecorder

Cheers

using XRecorder at what resolution is screenrecording done? 720p or 1080? thanks
Could you please tell me which usb-a microphone you're using? Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garydwillett