DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen sharing

EmGee

Reactions
Looking for help!
I would like to be able to share my iphone screen with an ipad being held by someone who is with me when flying the drone. It seems possible if both devices are on the same wifi network but, with no wifi available out in the countryside I can’t work it out.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I have only used Litchi and done this using their app. I'm not sure if that still works or not. Hopefully, someone can help yu here.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Thanks. I don't want to control the drone from the ipad but rather let the other person see what the camera is seeing - a scenario would be if I was providing the opportunity to survey a house roof and the other person would be the person interested in seeing the results and directing me towards what he wants to see.

Thanks. I don't want to control the drone from the ipad but rather let the other person see what the camera is seeing - a scenario would be if I was providing the opportunity to survey a house roof and the other person would be the person interested in seeing the results and directing me towards what he wants to see.
I know and that's what I was talking about.

Reactions: EmGee
I typically use VNC to do screen sharing. I haven't tried it on an iphone since I don't use it (edit: I mean I don't have an iPhone..). But you should be able to share the iphone screen with the ipad. You should be able to do view only on the ipad:

Reactions: GFields
As someone else stated, Litchi can do that with Litchi Vue. Also DroneVR(2) can now do that as well. However you must be flying a drone that is supported by those apps. DJI hasn't released the SDK for the Mavic 3 or Mini 3 Pro, so they are not yet available until the SDK is out there.

Wasn't one of Samsung phone's features years ago that you multiple devices could share the same experience? Am I imagining things? But wouldn't it be cool if someone developed software that was strictly screen sharing that could be done through bluetooth or personal hotspot and could be used for viewing drone flight on a remote screen?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh