DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD and copying media from MM

Correct. 720p and highly compressed so as to not require too much WiFi bandwidth.
Many of you might remember the term WYSIWYG. What you see (during flight) is what you get, recorded to the mobile in real time. If you get dropouts or pixelation due to radio interference, that's what will be in the cache. Great for preview or quickly showing others what you did, but not production quality.

Thanks for clarifying. This is different to Parrot Bebop 2 where nothing is saved, it’s only on the drone.

So is it stored on your iPhone for ever until you manually delete? Do you have to keep deleing then in case fills up iPhone, as long as have backup of SD obviously.

So on this do you need screen recording of the app for safety?

You can turn it off in settings but yes you have to manually delete the files otherwise.

You can turn it off in settings but yes you have to manually delete the files otherwise.

Thanks for that. Does it not take up bandwidth if recording and saving? Or as it’s transmitting anyway then to record doesn’t really matter? I’m just thinking of signal issues on the WiFi.

Thanks

Ah ok, so the MM does send to iPhone all the video and pics in real time, but lower resolution. So do you delete this after every flight? This is different to Parrot Bebop 2 whereby you have to transfer the files over to your phone from the drone, it has no SD and doesn’t transfer in real time.

Yes I would want the best resolution so would use the SD. What I am saying is as it’s an iPhone, I’m not sure if a lightning to SD would read the card and allow copy to iPhone direct? So was asking if you can transfer the video from the MM via WiFi in case no card reader?

Thanks
The newer iPhones are capable of reading an SD card via card reader/lightning adapter. I do it all the time. You can also download the video/photos to the iPhone before shutting the drone and controller down but it’s much slower. I never tried going directly from the drone to the phone.

The newer iPhones are capable of reading an SD card via card reader/lightning adapter. I do it all the time. You can also download the video/photos to the iPhone before shutting the drone and controller down but it’s much slower. I never tried going directly from the drone to the phone.

Which dongle do you use? As you say via the app over WiFi is slow. Was with Bebop 2 so rather go wired.

I have the official Apple lightning to USB-A cable so could plug an SD adapter in?

If you plug in MM to iOS via an adapter does it see all the pics and video at full resolution and allow you to import?

Thanks

Thanks for that. Does it not take up bandwidth if recording and saving? Or as it’s transmitting anyway then to record doesn’t really matter? I’m just thinking of signal issues on the WiFi.

Thanks
It won't take any additional transmit/receive bandwidth since its already sending you a live view whether recording or not. But recording would use some additional phone processing to store it.
Think of it like a screen recorder.

Reactions: Drony_Drone
I see the low res videos on my iPhone in the DJI Fly album but I cannot see the photos or any quick shot videos that I took. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02