DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card bugs (32 & 64 Gb) : not recognized

Psyphilo

Reactions
Hello,
I bought my equipment just before Christmas and due to the bad weather, I have had the opportunity to flight only two or three times. Due to the mist, the result of the videos was not fantastic,.
However, I made the two updates since this date without flying.
Yesterday, first try : no video. Format the provided card with the Mavic (32Gb) : nothing. Withe the PC : fat to exfat : nothing. Re-format to fat : nothing. Format it again inside the Mavic : idem.
Today, I try to use the minis d from my Sony A7II : a Lexar 1000x 32Gb class 3 (HC) : formatting in fat : nothing. In exFat : idem.
I think that the updates create a bug on it: I cant see the SD card on the tablet [1] and also on the telephone [2].
[1] - Huawei Mediapad M3
[2] - Samsung S7 Edge
These two works perfectly BEFORE the updates...
Did someone have any idea for how I may use the Mavic WITH videos ?
Thank's for you appreciated help in advance, French answers will particularly appreciated :)

Last edited:
It's best to format the memory card from DJI GO.

What exactly do you mean by "no video"?

No video recorded, again & again, excuse me if It seems not clear, but I think that it is evident...

Are you clicking the record button in DJI GO to start the video recording? Does DJI GO appear to be recording video?

"Due to the mist, the result of the videos was not fantastic" The answer is "Yes". MY PROBLEM is that the tablet/phone don't see the Sd card in the mavic : the recommended procedure cannot be applied...

MY PROBLEM is that the tablet/phone don't see the Sd card in the mavic
Got it. So, the problem isn't actually "no video". The problem is that DJI GO is not detecting your memory card?

What makes you think DJI GO cannot see your memory card?

As a basic user, only the result interest me.
Maybe you may understand that I bought this drone to take photos abd to record videos and not to lost my time to download a lot of softwares who work when they want (see the customers evaluations of the "DJI Go since 4" on Play store) . If the memory card is not recognized, I cannot records videos, isn't it ? Before, I could, after successive downloads, I can't. Where is the bug ? Android telephone, SD card, or the program ?
Please imagine that on the 2 supports (tablet & phone) - who are not Apple, when I try to select where is located the SD card, the one inside the Mavic don't appear. Maybe more clear ?

I think it'll be easier to understand if you post a screenshot of the camera view section of DJI GO while your Mavic is connected to DJI GO. Can you do that?

Reactions: Bunny Too
As a basic user, only the result interest me.
Maybe you may understand that I bought this drone to take photos abd to record videos and not to lost my time to download a lot of softwares who work when they want (see the customers evaluations of the "DJI Go since 4" on Play store) . If the memory card is not recognized, I cannot records videos, isn't it ? Before, I could, after successive downloads, I can't. Where is the bug ? Android telephone, SD card, or the program ?
Please imagine that on the 2 supports (tablet & phone) - who are not Apple, when I try to select where is located the SD card, the one inside the Mavic don't appear. Maybe more clear ?
I'm a little lost with the overall explanation, but - in the Go app when you are selecting where files are stored, the Mavic is not (and has never been) an option. You have the ability to tell the Go app to either record directly to your phone or tablet's internal storage or to a SD card inserted into the device. The Mavic **always** records to its own microSD card - no exceptions.

More and more interesting :
I delete the DJI Go (after4) on the two telephones and re-download it.
A sceen appear now : "Basic fly safe database update" etc, with Ignore or Update. IN THE TWO CASES, the program don't download and a white screen appear...
I cannot start the DJI Go program, even if the remote control is OK (Go to fly)
@Qoncussion : By the way, records don't exist on the SD card and it was the reason that I want to record the video at other place. Sorry if you're lost...

Does the SD card comply with the speed required by the mavic?
A UHS-1 Micro SD card is recommended

Last edited:
Hello,
I bought my equipment just before Christmas and due to the bad weather, I have had the opportunity to flight only two or three times. Due to the mist, the result of the videos was not fantastic,.
However, I made the two updates since this date without flying.
Yesterday, first try : no video. Format the provided card with the Mavic (32Gb) : nothing. Withe the PC : fat to exfat : nothing. Re-format to fat : nothing. Format it again inside the Mavic : idem.
Today, I try to use the minis d from my Sony A7II : a Lexar 1000x 32Gb class 3 (HC) : formatting in fat : nothing. In exFat : idem.
I think that the updates create a bug on it: I cant see the SD card on the tablet [1] and also on the telephone [2].
[1] - Huawei Mediapad M3
[2] - Samsung S7 Edge
These two works perfectly BEFORE the updates...
Did someone have any idea for how I may use the Mavic WITH videos ?
Thank's for you appreciated help in advance, French answers will particularly appreciated :)

Sorry, sort of off topic, but does the m3 fit in the controller without a third party holder?

I don't understand why - and can't share any experience - the problem don't exist anymore. I just put again THE SAME SD CARD in the MavicPro and... everything is OK !!!! However, this problem is really a mistery, but now I know that a lot of miniSD card are fakes, particularly for the SamsungEvo and Sandisk. A lot of problems are reported concerning these two brands. Now, I may recommend Lexar and Toshiba Exceria, because I get experiences on the photo camera and DJI MavicPro :)
Again, thank's to all the contributors and have nice flights with your drones.
Best regards from N/E of France

I am having a similar issue. DJI Go 4 doesn't recognize the sd is installed. I have tried this on both the Android and iOS version of the app. Not sure if the sd slot has gone bad or what.

I am having a similar issue. DJI Go 4 doesn't recognize the sd is installed. I have tried this on both the Android and iOS version of the app. Not sure if the sd slot has gone bad or what.

Hi - its a while since you posted this but I wondered if you have a solution. I am having the same problem - SD card not recognised (well sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't but lets keep it simple) and as a novice I don't know if I have done something in settings or if the drone is bad. Any findings would be welcome. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000