DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card capacity?

What is the SD CARD CAPACITY on the MAVIC PRO?
Supported SD CardsMicro SD™
Max capacity: 128 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

Just so you know you should never fly with that big of a card, to much risk holding that much Video/pictures on a airborne camera. Better to buy several 32Gig cards..Switch a battery, switch the SDCard...never lose treasured memories if you lose the drone or card gets corrupt.

Does it make a difference on which SD card you get to take the best videos with the Mavic Pro?
What is the best SD card to get with the Mavic Pro?

For the MP, a class 10 will suffice. But to be upward compatible, get a U3 rated card or better.

SanDisk Extreme is an example of a U3 rated card. Ultra or Ultra Plus are not U3.

Reactions: DoomMeister
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64gb is probably the best for drones

Interestingly, for the MA2, the user manual (latest version) recommends that the SanDisk Extreme Pro should only be up to 64GB while the SanDisk Extreme can be up to 256GB. Anyone here knows why this is so?

I thought that the Extreme Pro is better than the Extreme. Why the lower recomended GB capacity for the Extreme Pro?

?

Thats really great stuff to know....
Two 32GB cards sound a lot better than a 128GB card. Smart.
Something that I found out which may be useful. My 60 inch / 4K TV will not except a card over 32MB. So, if I record on one of my 128MB cards I can only view it on my computer and not on my TV. I like to pop my card into a USB reader and stick it in my TV to get a nice video to look at from my day of flying. I usually delete most of my videos after viewing anyway.

Probably your TV only supports FAT32 and not ExFAT.
It is technically possible to format FAT32 with bigger clusters for storage greater than 32GB, but the standard UI's for formatting don't allow that. Formatting utilities will format bigger cards as ExFAT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica