DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Ejection fail on Mavic 3

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just got a new Mavic 3 as part of their attempt to fix a gimble issue that is apparently due to a controller malfunction. The new M3, after only a few flights, no longer will eject an SD Card. I can use a razor blade to grab it a bit and pull the card out but there is no spring action and once inserted the card cannot be pushed further in to make it pop out, nor is there any resistance when inserted about 4/5 the way in which is normally felt prior to the final push and "clicking" in place. This happens regardless of the SD card used, many of which have been used in other cameras with no problem. I assume this is going to involve sending the M3 back again (with the controller so they will repair or replace that, which they should have already done as they had it on the last request but must not have actually tested their choice of simply handing out a new aircraft) but I thought I'd check here in the event there is some little internal tweak that might get this working normally again an provide the spring action that is missing.

They really need to re-think the design and positioning of the micro SD card slot. I thought i was going to break mine a couple of times when I tried to remove the card. The clearance totally sucks.

Reactions: EpicFlight
They really need to re-think the design and positioning of the micro SD card slot. I thought i was going to break mine a couple of times when I tried to remove the card. The clearance totally sucks.
If you are having trouble inserting and removing the SD card from the M3 merely fold back the legs first! Then there is very easy access!

FOLD BACK THE LEGS AND REMOVE THE BATTERY FIRST

DaleAccess to SD card beofr removing battery and folding back arms.jpgAccess to SD card with arms back and battery out.jpg

If you are having trouble inserting and removing the SD card from the M3 merely fold back the legs first! Then there is very easy access!

FOLD BACK THE LEGS AND REMOVE THE BATTERY FIRST

DaleView attachment 149063View attachment 149064
Dale,

It's not about access, it's that there is very little clearance around the card in the recessed area where the slot sits. Also, the card slot is very near the bottom of the recess which makes it hard to get a good grip on with your fingers for removal. Insertion is not a problem.

Dale,

It's not about access, it's that there is very little clearance around the card in the recessed area where the slot sits. Also, the card slot is very near the bottom of the recess which makes it hard to get a good grip on with your fingers for removal. Insertion is not a problem.
If you have a decent thumbnail, there is a spring in the back of the SD card that will shoot the card out of eh drone like a dart! I almost lost it the other day. Just give the SD card a small push inward and the spring will allow ejection into your fingers.

Please don't take offense, but you ARE inserting the SD card upside-down (contacts facing upwards), correct?
Not sure it would even fit inside if put in the wrong side up

If you have a decent thumbnail, there is a spring in the back of the SD card that will shoot the card out of eh drone like a dart! I almost lost it the other day. Just give the SD card a small push inward and the spring will allow ejection into your fingers.
You must have a better spring than I do. Mine always get hung up and only sticks part way out of the slot.

You must have a better spring than I do. Mine always get hung up and only sticks part way out of the slot.
This is getting to sound risqué but my spring is better than your spring. If I give it the slightest push the SD card will go shooting out across the room! I literally have to put my finger in the path of the SD card to stop it.

I have the same problem the original poster mentioned. There is no longer any spring to the memory card slot. The card fits in the slot fine and records as usual but a push does not result in the card coming back out at all. I have to use the tip of the blade on my pocket knife to take the card out. This seems too inelegant for such a nice drone. I could, of course, connect the Mavic3 to my computer to move the data from the card to the computer. As others have mentioned it is faster to remove the card and use a card reader to move the data to the computer.

I am hoping that this problem can be fixed without sending the 3 to DJI for repair.

I have a pair of tweezers in my GPC case to pull it out after releasing the spring.
my drone has no spring action in the sd card slot. Boxed up and ready to ship, along with my controller that seems to tell the gimble to keep moving downward even after removing my finger from the scroll wheel. second return to DJI to fix that issue...which resulted in them sending a new Mav 3 that did not fix the gimble issue and granted me a non-working sd card slot. ah well...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom