DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card files showing as unsupported in Windows.

gtione

Reactions
So I went for a flight yesterday to track my daughter on her bike using active track. Worked fine.

Wanted to upload the video to my pc as usual but the first thing it said was that it needed to format the card before using it. Took the card out and tried it in another pc and same thing.

Popped it into my Crystalsky monitor and it played fine on there. Then copied the file onto another card via the CS then that card wouldn’t work on the pc either.

Any ideas?

So I went for a flight yesterday to track my daughter on her bike using active track. Worked fine.

Wanted to upload the video to my pc as usual but the first thing it said was that it needed to format the card before using it. Took the card out and tried it in another pc and same thing.

Popped it into my Crystalsky monitor and it played fine on there. Then copied the file onto another card via the CS then that card wouldn’t work on the pc either.

Any ideas?
I don't recall if we have a choice of video formats. But some resolutions and or formats might have problems depending on what codecs are installed. You might also try another video player like VLC

Windows 10 doesn’t support H.265 natively. You need the h.265 extension for it to work with Windows 10 or play videos in a video play like VLC Player.

It sounds like the OP can't even open the file system on the SD card rather than not being able to play the video files.

Windows 10. Not changed anything that’s the odd thing.

Well that's definitely not the issue then, how are you reading the card on the PC and was it the same device you tried on the second PC?

I don't know if this is the situation, but I have found if you are recording a video, and land and turn off the bird without stopping the recording, the video file is not "closed" on the card. It drove me nuts one time I was taking a movie for my inspection, got back to the office and could not read it at all. Later when I had the card back in the drone, the file got closed on the card when I started the drone back up. All of a sudden when I took the card out, the video was readable.

I am now very careful to always stop the recording before I shut down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian