DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sd card format to be readble on macbook

Reactions
Hello friends.. i just got a macbook this week, when i connect my mavic 2 micro sd card i had to format it to exfat to be readable on macbook
But in the same time it is not functioning on the mavic 2 (it gives me a triangle sign)

Looking for advice
Thanks

You said, you had to format it to ExFat ... I cannot recall, that DJI Go 4 gives you any option how to format it.
I could be wrong, but formatting in the drone with DJI Go 4 and later on switching to a Mac works with no problems for a friend of mine (tested a couple of days ago).

I cannot test it, as I am running on Android/Windows.
The question is now: how initially was this SD card formatted and what do you mean, YOU had to switch to ExFat?
I'll be home soon and certainly check out, what my M2P sets the file system to upon a format. ;)

It was orininally formatted inside my M2zoom and when i mount it to my mac it gave me the message i shown so i had to format it on mac to exfat, when mounted again on the drone it shows the warning sign attached ??E45017E6-BE9A-479A-9F71-F61473213339.jpeg

Well, that's strange ...
DJI Go 4 formats it to exFAT on Android.
I am also using a SanDisk extreme Pro but 128 GB.

The re-formatting in your Mac certainly led to the state, that the software will not accept it anymore.
I would still try to reformat and check, if it's readable then in your Mac.

Last edited:
Reactions: kareemsameer1978
I have the same SD Cards and I format them within the M2P which does it as "FAT32" which my MacBook Pro handles without issue. I would suggest formatting it again in the drone (you will loose anything on it) and then try again. exFat is a Microsoft proprietary format however MAC OS can read / write to it.

Reactions: Thomas B
Well, so is FAT32, it's a Microsoft developed file system.
The thing with this 1996 old system is, that no file is supposed to be bigger than 4 GiB. That means, videos in 4K are likely to get split due to file contraints. exFAT's is considerably larger (in TiB), but won't help you, if you can't read it. Very strange ...

ok i'm trying the slow formatting on windows 10 now , will format it as efat on windows 10 and see if it still gives the sign on the dji go 4 app ,

thanks
screen shot 01.png

I would then choose FAT32 and go for it.
By the way do you use the latest Mac OS? It's really strange, I thought these incompatibilities have long been gone.

im using the latest update on macbook pro 2019 i9 15"..i will finally try either to directly connect the mavic 2 to my macbook or try a different micro SD card reader or a different micro SD card.

As a workaround you could use the limited onboard storage.
You need to be formatting in the drone really, could the computer be having problems reading H.265 10bit?
Clearly others are managing fine but I wouldn't be surprised if older versions have some excuse to not cooperate.

Finally it is readable now , i formatted the sd card on the mavic 2 and snapped some pics and a 4k video and simply plugged it to macbook and it is readable and seen on finder and all content is accessible????
I guess that macs needed some tries and errors until it can recognize the SD card

Always format in the drone. Either fat or exfat work fine on my macs. I copy my files off the Sd card and delete them for new image captures. Only reformat when I get paranoid. Generally once every couple of months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max