DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card question

DrtyMrtini

Reactions
Sorry folks - I'm new here and cannot find a post on this - nor can I figure out how to create a post.

Today was the second day I thought I was getting incredible footage only to get back to the apartment to see nothing on my SD card. I use this card all the time on the Mavic, so it's not an SD card issue, but assuming it may not have been inserted properly. Does anyone know why DJI does not have some kind of warning (like on my GoPro) that the card is not inserted properly and/or won't record? Some of the video was cached on my phone, but assume that's compressed and again, worthless.

Does an error actually come up on the screen and I'm just not seeing it or is this a major omission that DJI should address?

Thanks.

Hello & welcome to the forums. I created you a thread for your question here in the help area. I have noticed a warning when no card is inserted, the onscreen camera button displays an SD card outline with a line through it and as I recall it says 'No SD'. Not sure why it didn't record for you. Try another card, that one may have outlived its useful life.

Sorry folks - I'm new here and cannot find a post on this - nor can I figure out how to create a post.

Today was the second day I thought I was getting incredible footage only to get back to the apartment to see nothing on my SD card. I use this card all the time on the Mavic, so it's not an SD card issue, but assuming it may not have been inserted properly. Does anyone know why DJI does not have some kind of warning (like on my GoPro) that the card is not inserted properly and/or won't record? Some of the video was cached on my phone, but assume that's compressed and again, worthless.

Does an error actually come up on the screen and I'm just not seeing it or is this a major omission that DJI should address?

Thanks.
I have problems with sds if I mistakenly write anything to them using a Mac computer because Apple writes so much extra junk on media. Can’t even format the SD in the drone. Have to reformat FAT in the Mac then reformat FAT 32 in Mavic.

I have problems with sds if I mistakenly write anything to them using a Mac computer because Apple writes so much extra junk on media. Can’t even format the SD in the drone. Have to reformat FAT in the Mac then reformat FAT 32 in Mavic.
Used Macs for many, many, many years and never once had an issue with an sd card when used with a Mac.
It is recommended for everyone, Mac or Windows, to use the SDcard.org formatter - SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

Reactions: Hotelone
Meanwhile, most if not all my Sandisk cards fail after one year (the usual unable to be formatted problem). But I'm using Windows....

For long life and reliability, better get a Toshiba or Samsung SD card. Save yourself some grief and money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quachlaogia