DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Question

Marty Markoe

Reactions
Site
www.martymarkoephotography.com
Just received Mavic Pro2 with Smart Controller. Have several years experience with Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro. With those, the SD card is installed in the Quadcopter. I see the SD card can now be installed in the Smart Controller as well. If the SD card is in the controller are the image and video files transferred from the quadcopter to Smart Controller in real time? If so, is there any lag?

I can see the advantage to having the SD card in the Smart Controller if the files are transferred in real time in case you lose your Pro2 you have the images.

Thanks,
Marty

Just received Mavic Pro2 with Smart Controller. Have several years experience with Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro. With those, the SD card is installed in the Quadcopter. I see the SD card can now be installed in the Smart Controller as well. If the SD card is in the controller are the image and video files transferred from the quadcopter to Smart Controller in real time? If so, is there any lag?

I can see the advantage to having the SD card in the Smart Controller if the files are transferred in real time in case you lose your Pro2 you have the images.

Thanks,
Marty

Hi

No it is same idea witch was before
Your drone will record video to it own
SD card
SD card at SC can be used as external storage
To transfer some video and photos
But can not be used for real time recording
May be in the future

While reviw

Thanks,
Marty
[/QUOTE

while reviewing pictures/video you can download them to the sd card on controller

Thanks for posting this...I have the same/similar question...

If I understand this correctly, there really is no reason to put a memory card in the Smart Controller...the reason the slot is there is to view the images from the card in the M2P. Is that correct? Or is there some reason to have a memory card in the Smart Controller???

I'm new to the mavic pro and have a question about the sd card I'm unable to find in the manual, how large of a card will it support?

Thanks for posting this...I have the same/similar question...

If I understand this correctly, there really is no reason to put a memory card in the Smart Controller...the reason the slot is there is to view the images from the card in the M2P. Is that correct? Or is there some reason to have a memory card in the Smart Controller???

Hi

Originally you can use SD card in 2 ways
Extended internal storage and external
Storage
A lot of people start setting up SD as extended storage to use to record data and cache
Videos on the card but later there was a lot of problems with SC because this setting
And DJI remove this option from settings
And now it is external storage only
And you can use it for download data and other
Info from your SC
Also you can use SD slot to play your drone video and photos from original SD card

I'm new to the mavic pro and have a question about the sd card I'm unable to find in the manual, how large of a card will it support?

Supposedly, 128gig.

But I accidentally used a 256 or larger and it seems to be working.

In the field, as it were, I will preview photos and while doing that you can download them from the drone to the SC. They download fast. Videos do take time and obviously the "battery clock" is ticking when downloading videos on both the drone and controller..

The Go app can be set to use an SD card for the cached video. Max resolution is 1080p and may have noise in it, especially when you get low signal situations.

Reactions: ff22
SC will have 720 or 1080 video with audio, if HD mode is active. Bird will have 4k video file. You need to set options of course to make files go to SD card.
I find that those videos on the controller always have tons of stutter, but you can use them in post processing to mix audio into 4k feed.

SC can get jpg files sent also. Raw dng files will be on the bird.

SC will have 720 or 1080 video with audio, if HD mode is active. Bird will have 4k video file. You need to set options of course to make files go to SD card.
I find that those videos on the controller always have tons of stutter, but you can use them in post processing to mix audio into 4k feed.

SC can get jpg files sent also. Raw dng files will be on the bird.

What AUDIO is it capturing? You speaking and ambient sounds or sounds generated by the SC? OR? Someone on the DJI forum was asking how to turn on sound to accompany a screen capture. Never really saw a clear answer.

What AUDIO is it capturing? You speaking and ambient sounds or sounds generated by the SC? OR? Someone on the DJI forum was asking how to turn on sound to accompany a screen capture. Never really saw a clear answer.

Hi

It is record same way like smartphones
There is no any filters or any software
For work with sound
So it will record any sounds and noises
Witch will be in recording time

SC has a mic. Bird has no mic. So, bird sends video stream you see on a SC screen, then controller mixes into it sound from its mic, so you can talk in some comments, etc. Mic volume and quality is relatively lousy, but usable. It works automatically, i do not recall any settings for it.
As both videos are in sync, you can then use SC video as an audio source in davinci mixer.

SC has a mic. Bird has no mic. So, bird sends video stream you see on a SC screen, then controller mixes into it sound from its mic, so you can talk in some comments, etc. Mic volume and quality is relatively lousy, but usable. It works automatically, i do not recall any settings for it.
As both videos are in sync, you can then use SC video as an audio source in davinci mixer.

I will have to try that in the field. I tried at home without the drone ON!! I did get Parrot, 3rd party) to work but really had to turn up the INPUT (Parrot setting) otherwise it was barely audible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas