DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card recommendation

LasVegasPilot

Reactions
ad013d6a6d1497de1c11ce566a92a376.jpg

I thought I'd get by getting one of those 128 gb micro SD cards from Wish with 30 day shipping for $7. Great plan until screen gave me a memory card error recommending to reformat (which didn't work).

I'm guessing I need to pick up a legit brand micro SD but hate having to spend the money.

What are the key words I need to search in Amazon (besides micro SD) to get a legit card?

I do not think a 128b gb card is supported, the max is 64gb, please correct me if I am wrong. I have tried cheap cards and many do not work.
SanDisk 64gb ultra works well for me.

Reactions: LasVegasPilot
I use Samsung 64 gig SD cards ....

I think the most important this is to make sure you purchase a genuine SD card no matter what make it is so shop wisely, if it's priced to good to be true then ........... it is :)

Last edited:
I do not think a 128b gb card is supported, the max is 64gb, please correct me if I am wrong. I have tried cheap cards and many do not work.
Correct 128 gig is not supported as per DJI, though they have to known to function properly.

More than capacity, focus on write speed and get a card with fastest write/read speed that you can afford.. It is necessary in order to record high definition videos.

The important thing about SD cards is the speed class. Normally; the lower the price, the lower the speed.
Mavic Pro specs from the DJI web site for both the Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum:
upload_2018-1-5_8-48-41.png

From the Kingston web site:
upload_2018-1-5_8-43-41.png

Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb, don't worry about looking at anything else for the Mavic
Also built in redundancy when you upgrade to the next generation drones which will require faster write speeds

Last edited:
16 and 32GB cards are cheaper and on sale often too [emoji6]. I like to have a different card for every location start. Easier to keep track, and if it gets corrupted, I don’t lose a whole 128G’s worth...

Correct 128 gig is not supported as per DJI, though they have to known to function properly.

Hmmm...maybe my SD is special, because it works just fine with my MP. To the OP, you should have known better paying $7 for that SD card. Stick with a name brand as others have mentioned and you won’t have any problems IMO.

Reactions: iKocourek
The Mavic Pro Platinum supports 128GB SD cards. It's in the specs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar