DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card record stops at certain size.

WWIII

Reactions
Problem? Just got this unit yesterday. Installed a ScanDisk Extreme 64 A1 card. Formatted using the DGI Go 4 controller. I few several flights. When I got home I noticed that the longer flights all ended at 3,671,011 kb. even if I was still in flight. The card is formatted with exFat. The recording would just end in mid flight. They are all 4:50 seconds but I think that is just because of the file size.

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far? Checked the format of the card. It is formatted exFat (using the controller softwere.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Started with a iPad Mini2 and also recorded using my Samsung S7 Edge.

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using? version 4

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) I can but they are very big and I don't think it will help resolve the issue.

I have read about this before. I think it has something to do with the formatting of the SD card but if you search the forums you will probably find some chatter about it. Even without the problem, you should consider shooting video in shorter segments anyway. Long, continuous videos tend to bore the audience and you are at risk of losing everything if the file gets corrupted.

The file system records in 4 gig 'chunks'. You can simply join them together in post.

I have read about this before. I think it has something to do with the formatting of the SD card but if you search the forums you will probably find some chatter about it. Even without the problem, you should consider shooting video in shorter segments anyway. Long, continuous videos tend to bore the audience and you are at risk of losing everything if the file gets corrupted.
Looks like I got my answer below. I understand what you are saying. I was just trying to get some air time before I take this on a trip next week.

Looks like I got my answer below. I understand what you are saying. I was just trying to get some air time before I take this on a trip next week.
Format the card to ex-FAT instead of FAT32. Problem solved.
I actually put that card into the drone fresh out of the pachage and used DGI to format and it was formatted exFat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ