DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card/s

I have a MP2 Pro and am using a smart controller. I have always just flown and not recorded. Can someone tell me what card I need for the drone and controller to record?

You dont need a card in the SC but you do need one in the Drone.
We use the Sandisk Extreme Plus 128 GB and has been flawless .

You do need use care when putting them in as well as taking them out, its not easy.
We use a little Plastic Tab made by one of the Mods and it works well .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain

Reactions: Gipper
I have a 64GB Sandisk with a V30 rating, in the SC and in the bird. If you film alot, you will need a bigger one in the bird. Test your micro SD cards with crystaldiskmark to check if they are not fake. A lower quality rating will cause issues in both devices

Reactions: Gipper and Thomas B
Thank You.
Can I down load directly from the controller with a cord to the computer or should I use a card reader?
If the computer doesn’t have one get a card reader.
I use 64GB V3 cards ( enough for three flights),. I change the card every time I change batteries. They are cheap data protection insurance.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thank You.
Can I down load directly from the controller with a cord to the computer or should I use a card reader?
Use a fast card reader to read the bird micro SD. The SC micro SD card I only use for screen recordings in difficult locations, in case the bird goes down and gets lost

Why not download direct from the drone to the computer? I do this with my MA2. This way there is no risk of damaging the sad card installed in the drone. When all is secure on the computer, format the onboard sd card using the controller.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Why not download direct from the drone to the computer? I do this with my MA2. This way there is no risk of damaging the sad card installed in the drone. When all is secure on the computer, format the onboard sd card using the controller.
Time consuming and you have to use drone battery juice to do it. I've found it much simpler in my MP to pop the sd card out and into a pc.

Each to their own of course.
I find it quicker t remove the card and dl in my computer’s SD card slot. I change cards when I change batteries and no problems in 2 years with literally 100’s of flights. Still on the same cards I originally bought.

The following was posted about 4 years ago in the PhantomPilots Forum. it was a great reference tool and I knew I'd never be able to locate it again so I copied it. I'd give the author attribution but I never wrote down their name. But I know they'd post it again (with updates) if they saw this thread:

FYI, if you plan to record 4K at 100Mb/s on the P4P, you will need a U3 rated micro SD card, otherwise you won't be recording at 100Mb/s. U1 and Class 10 cards are not fast enough.

I put a little guide together for myself. All the information you need to know about SD cards and data rates with the phantom series aircraft can be found below. ____________________________________________________________________________
Transfer Speed Information
1. P3P Max write speed is 60 Mbps (7.5 MBps) at Cinema4K (.45 GB per minute, or 27 GB per hour)
2. P4P Max write speed is 100 Mbps (12.5 MBps) at Cinema4K (.75 GB per minute or 45GB per hour)
4. Mbps (Mega Bits per second transfer speed)
5. MBps (Mega Bytes per second transfer speed)
6. Conversion 8 bits = 1 byte ———So, 8 Mbps = 1 MBps
7. Minimum sustained write speeds. A speed class rating means that the card has been verified to never write slower than the speed of that class.
1. U3: Minimum 30 MB/s Write
2. U1: Minimum 10 MB/s Write
3. Class 10: Minimum 10 MB/s Write
4. Class 6: Minimum 6 MB/s Write
5. Class 4: Minimum 4 MB/s Write
6. V6: Minimum 6 MB/s Write
7. V10: Minimum 10 MB/s Write
8. V30: Minimum 30 MB/s Write
9. V90: Minimum 90 MB/s Write
8. Online Guide https://www.bhphotovideo.com/exp ... cards-money-can-buy
9. Note, a U3 rated SD card is needed for the P4P.

I’m a newbie, I have a MA2 and want to download the sd card. I’ve only been using a iPad for the Internet the last few years. I have dug out my old Dell laptop from the wardrobe to download and store the flights. Is there any particular program or method you recommend? I’m so out of touch with my laptop, it seems weird just using a keyboard instead of the iPad. My age probably has something to do with it, years ago a laptop was all I used.

I’m a newbie, I have a MA2 and want to download the sd card. I’ve only been using a iPad for the Internet the last few years. I have dug out my old Dell laptop from the wardrobe to download and store the flights. Is there any particular program or method you recommend? I’m so out of touch with my laptop, it seems weird just using a keyboard instead of the iPad. My age probably has something to do with it, years ago a laptop was all I used.
As long as your computer can read a SDCard just drag it over to your hard drive. You may need to get a USB card reader if not. Depending on your computer age and such you may only be able to watch 1080 vids though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d