DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Slot Error

teebone

Reactions
So I formatted 4 out 5 of my SD cards on my iMac and now when I put them in my Mavic it says "SD card slot empty". The 5th SD card was not formatted on my iMac so I know its not the Mavic its the other SD cards. I know this might be a topic more suited for a Mac forum but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the fellas. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Try re- formatting in the ac. Skip the part about empty and go to camera settings and see if it will let you format.

When you formatted it on your iMac, what filesystem did you tell Disk Utility to use?

MAC OS extended Journal. Just watched a video and saw I was suppose to do MS-DOS (FAT). Is that correct? If so I tried to restore and it just gives me a error

Format as FAT32 which is readable by both PCs and Macs. Search “FAT32” in the forum for more info and similar posts.

I’d format it on your Mac (as FAT32). Others have reported problems with formatting in the drone.

Yea I'm reading into it more right now. My only issue now is I'm getting this error when i got to format in FAT32

Does it leave you with a readable disk (just the wrong format)?

Problem solved lol but cant tell you why, only how. Through the card in my GoPro and it wouldn't read it, so then I tossed it in the A7iii and not only did it read it but it let me format. After formatting I tossed it back in the GoPro and then the Mavic and now all working like normal. So weird...another reason to boast the amazing A7iii

close thread.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU