DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card speed

mavic53

Reactions
The Mavic pro 1 and the Platinum worked perfectly well right up to 4K with a class 10 card . For the first time as I scrolled down the menu I saw" SD card Slow". It would seem the 2 recommends the Ultra SD card.

Pro and Platinum are up to 60mbps bit rate, 2 and Zoom are 100mbps bit rate.

The Mavic pro 1 and the Platinum worked perfectly well right up to 4K with a class 10 card . For the first time as I scrolled down the menu I saw" SD card Slow". It would seem the 2 recommends the Ultra SD card.
NOT the Ultra too slow, need at least an EXTREME.

Too late just testing the Ultra which you are correct only valid up t0 90mbps.

I just had the same problem today with my new MP 2 Pro. The old 64GB SANDISK ULTRA SD card I've been using on my original MP will WORK and record okay on the mavic 2, but when I play it back on the computer, it is extremely jerky and stutters - unwatchable - like it's skipping every other second.

So can anyone recommend the best "value" 64GB or 128GB SD Card for the MP 2 Pro which will allow you to record in 4k 30fps and playback smoothly on a MacBook Air? Does it have to be labelled EXTREME ? My "Ultra" doesn't work. The Mavic 2 manual says it recommends a Speed 3 - whatever that means.

A link to Amazon would be great. I need to order at least 1 immediately. The picture quality looks far better than my original MP (using a 75" Sony XBR 850D 4K HDR TV) but the video is completely unwatchable. I'm assuming it's my SD Card speed.

Last edited:
The Ultra can only write up to 80MB/sec but the M2P at 4K sends data at 100MB/sec. You will see a “U” with at 3 in it on the card that is how you can tell is is a Class 3 card.

Thanks for the suggestion Pduncan. That is the same card I was honing in on.

Separate question: What are the pros & cons of having TWO 64GB cards vs. ONE 128GB card? It works out to be about the same cost-wise.

Anyone?

If you've got 2 when one fails you've got another one, and you only lost half the amount of stuff. Also if you forgot one in the reader you've got another to use...

Reactions: mavic53
I just had the same problem today with my new MP 2 Pro. The old 64GB SANDISK ULTRA SD card I've been using on my original MP will WORK and record okay on the mavic 2, but when I play it back on the computer, it is extremely jerky and stutters - unwatchable - like it's skipping every other second.

So can anyone recommend the best "value" 64GB or 128GB SD Card for the MP 2 Pro which will allow you to record in 4k 30fps and playback smoothly on a MacBook Air? Does it have to be labelled EXTREME ? My "Ultra" doesn't work. The Mavic 2 manual says it recommends a Speed 3 - whatever that means.

A link to Amazon would be great. I need to order at least 1 immediately. The picture quality looks far better than my original MP (using a 75" Sony XBR 850D 4K HDR TV) but the video is completely unwatchable. I'm assuming it's my SD Card speed.

I had that jerky problem with the old mavic pro. I just don’t think that the 4K at 4096 is ahead of the technology in our MacBook pros and flat screen TVs. Like u said I could play back from cache and it was beautiful. But I’m gonna dbl check my cards. That sounds logical.

Last edited:
DO NOT GET THIS ONE! I saw it was an upgrade and went for it but it only reads up to 90mb/sec and writes over 100mb/s(I'm not sure if that make a difference) but when I play it back on macbook air its glitchy as **** compared to playing it on my android device its smooth

I made the same mistake. Its worthless.

Glitchyness could be your PC. I got that even with my P3A on my old laptop and desktop before I upgraded my graphics card.

Crap. I just purchased 2 of these exact 64GB Sandisk chips from Amazon- it says Extreme and Speed Rating 3, and V30 and transfer rates of up to 100MBS per second. (??? WTF ???) I just got them today and haven't opened them yet. so @gnitS and @Whack, you both tried these and they didn't work? If so, I'll just return them.

Anyone have an Amazon link for a GOOD 64GB Sandisk SD card that will work with the Mavic 2 Pro with no problems? Real 100MB/s read/write.

Glitchyness could be your PC. I got that even with my P3A on my old laptop and desktop before I upgraded my graphics card.
Very possibly but it's the save on two different laptops. So do I now need to buy the newest most powerful computer to play my mavic 2 videos.
Crap. I just purchased 2 of these exact 64GB Sandisk chips from Amazon- it says Extreme and Speed Rating 3, and V30 and transfer rates of up to 100MBS per second. (??? WTF ???) I just got them today and haven't opened them yet. so @gnitS and @Whack, you both tried these and they didn't work? If so, I'll just return them.

Anyone have an Amazon link for a GOOD 64GB Sandisk SD card that will work with the Mavic 2 Pro with no problems? Real 100MB/s read/write.
I have posted on another thread regarding my card problems but if you read my last post there (on the last page it looks as if the problem may be with the computer so maybe just check that whatever machine you're planning to play back the footage can handle it
What SD Micro card best suited for Mavic 2Pro camera?
There is also a video on YouTube where the guy mentions having problems with the mavic 2 footage on his well spec'd macbook Pro 2015 (the channel is Drone Film Guide)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan