DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Speed

Baseballbum

Reactions
What SD cards are others using. I have a SanDisk Ultra U3 card. I see that it is only able to write at 90mbs. I am getting jumpy video at 4k. I see others that can write at 100mbs and above, but someone said you can't get those speeds because they require a UHS-II bus and the DJI bus is only UHS-I. If the Mavic Air specifies a 100mbs card what do I buy?

Ultra isn't U3, it's U1. Even Ultra Plus is not U3. For SanDisk, get Extreme or better.
Don't confuse MB with Mb. Former is bytes, latter is bits.
If you used Ultra, you probably got a message that you have a slow card. That will work for 1080p and possibly 2.7k but will be problematic for 4k.
Assuming though you indeed have a U3, your issue could be your player has inadequate playback capabilities for 4k.

Ultra isn't U3, it's U1. Even Ultra Plus is not U3. For SanDisk, get Extreme or better.
Don't confuse MB with Mb. Former is bytes, latter is bits.
If you used Ultra, you probably got a message that you have a slow card. That will work for 1080p and possibly 2.7k but will be problematic for 4k.
Assuming though you indeed have a U3, your issue could be your player has inadequate playback capabilities for 4k.

Sorry, I have a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB U3. It's such a pain to get the card out of the Air I didn't look at it yesterday. I still think the write speed is not fast enough. I use a Mac Pro for editing and playback and I see jumpy video like there are dropouts while the recording is being made. I have no problems with 1080p.

Your jitter would then likely be in your means of playback. Even 1080p can be challenging for some players and graphics cards. 4k would be even more of a challenge.
Are you playing off the card or did you copy to your internal HD first?

There's also a chance the card is a counterfeit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial