DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card suddenly cannot be read

Greg Peter

Reactions
Hello. Again,

I was using my drone as I have a 64 sd card,. I formatted the as card and suddenly the drone cannot read the add card. It doesn’t even say zero.

I changed the as card with another card to see if it was a problem with the drone, but the other card worked fine and it says how many GB left.

So how come the other sd card cannot be read all of a sudden ?

Thanks
Greg

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Hi Greg.

Not sure where you formatted the card, but it may make a difference between a PC or the aircraft. 🤔

Try again with both and see if it changed.

Over the years of flying, I've formatted the card in a PC only and not the aircraft.

I put ownership information as a word file on the card which would be erased if I formatted the card in the aircraft.

Thank you so much for taking your time. I just took the drone out after 5 months to download the new firmware and to try to test out my new nd filters . I formatted I started flying brought the drone down, I looked at the material from the phone, then formatted again , and then I received a message saying that the drone will changing to the drone storage. I thought that was odd. So when I went into the settings, on the right side where the SD info was suppose to be it said zero 0, I couldn’t highlight it , in other words the sd card was wiped out, because it usually says how much space there is left. But nothing.

Then I changed the sd card to another card to see if there was a fault with the drone, but fortunately the new sd card worked.

I turned off the drone and tuned everything on and inserted the original sd card and still no info on the card, I added again the new card and it works fine

So that has baffled me

Best
Greg 🙏

• Wow
Memory cards and flash drives will fail. With my cameras and drones, I replace the cards after year after a year.

• Wow
I turned off the drone and tuned everything on and inserted the original sd card and still no info on the card,
I had a SanDisk MicroSD Card fail similar to your failure. The SanDisk comes with a lifetime warranty. I contacted SanDisk and I had a replacement a week after I returned the failed one...

Got all the info I needed to return it by going on line to their web site.

Good Luck...

I've had a number die on me over the years.
Did you ever try for a replacement under their warranty. Most have Lifetime Warranties...

typically not worth my time to try to dig up proof of purchase, fill forms etc for 20 bucks.
Understood, Time is Money…

Years ago, during the height of Bill Gates wealth and Income, there was a joke about how much money would have to be lying on the street for Gill Gates to stop and bother picking it up… The answer was about $110.000…

• Haha
Reactions: Kilrah
Hello from Norway, I am owner of an Dji Air 2S for private use, and have so far not had any problems with storage on the SD card. Hope you guys in the forum can live with my bad english writing. I have also through my job possibilities du fly an Enterprise 2 Thermal. Here is the question from a novise.
If the capacity on the SD card is 64GB or less is it correct to formate filesystem FAT32 ? Or exFAT from 128GB or higher ?
Can I select photo/video to be stored direct to SD card in the drone or the SD card in the smartcontroller ? I ask because when I connect the SD card in the adapter and then to my PC there is zero files. But when i connect direct to the drone i find the recordings. Have I missed something ? Thank you for giving me a hint or more deeper explanation. Have a good day to all of you. BR Petter Saltnaes

• Wow
If the capacity on the SD card is 64GB or less is it correct to formate filesystem FAT32 ? Or exFAT from 128GB or higher ?

I'm not sure.

I don't have any SD card problems and can't remember the last time I formatted the card and to what specifications.

Can I select photo/video to be stored direct to SD card in the drone or the SD card in the smartcontroller ?

I don't have the Smart Controller, but I think the card in the controller is used when transferring the files from the aircraft wirelessly after a flight.

There's an option on my Mavic Air 2 to save the content to the on board storage or the SD card of the aircraft. I'm sure it's on the Air 2s as well.

Check the app for storage location options.

I ask because when I connect the SD card in the adapter and then to my PC there is zero files. But when i connect direct to the drone i find the recordings.

Check the side of the adapter, there's a small slider lock that may prevent the card being read?

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. 😎

Hello from Norway, I am owner of an Dji Air 2S for private use, and have so far not had any problems with storage on the SD card. Hope you guys in the forum can live with my bad english writing. I have also through my job possibilities du fly an Enterprise 2 Thermal. Here is the question from a novise.
Can I select photo/video to be stored direct to SD card in the drone or the SD card in the smartcontroller ? I ask because when I connect the SD card in the adapter and then to my PC there is zero files. But when i connect direct to the drone i find the recordings. Have I missed something ? Thank you for giving me a hint or more deeper explanation. Have a good day to all of you. BR Petter Saltnaes
FAT32 only goes up to 4 GB, you should use exFAT.

I would check the memory card reader that you are using to read the memory card. If the drone can read the card, your PC should be able to do so too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242