DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card

shawgod

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was wondering about getting the San Disk 128 gb Extreme. But there is a Pro version. Do I really need this? I have been using the just the extreme version for the longest time, The only thing that I noticed its a faster read write speed if I am right.

...there is a Pro version. Do I really need this? I have been using the just the extreme version for the longest time
Well... it sounds like you haven't had any problems so far with the "only" extreme card, then it's totally up to you if you want to spend more & can benefit from the faster speeds from a Pro version.

Currently the Extreme is as fast at you can use. It may well be that a new release might make use of UHS II speeds. My new computer will have UHS II slots and I might find transferring data with a faster card would be nice but it won't make any difference to the recording ability of the current drones. Buying the Pro version will get you noting today and I'd bet if there is a new 8K drone in the pipeline it might use UHS II speed cards so the Pro wouldn't even be a huge help there. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: offtheback
The faster card has no benefits. The drone sets the write speed, and all the card need do is keep up.

You might get some faster speed when you transfer the data from the card to your PC.

The SanDisk Extreme Pro provides enhanced read speed. So, if you have a large volume of images, or you’ve been recording in 4k format, you’ll be able to maximize your post-production time by cutting the overall file transfer duration. Unless yr a pro under pressure, it will not make any difference in practice. But as said above, it'll make no difference to the performance of the camera capture. If you want to understand more about SD cards reading the following

Reactions: FlySkyJumper
Now that my computer has USH II abilitiy I was going to replace all my cards (a LOT) with those but ...oh my...I have a few 400, eight or ten 256 and another half dozen 128 and those new cards are speeeeendy. I will wait till the price goes down.

Thank you to everyone for the information.

I was wondering about getting the San Disk 128 gb Extreme. But there is a Pro version. Do I really need this? I have been using the just the extreme version for the longest time, The only thing that I noticed its a faster read write speed if I am right.

For the $3 dollar difference, definitely go with the Pro version.

SD cards last a long time and even if you don't need the better performance now, you'll probably be getting new electronic devices that will need it in the future.

You will only see gains when you copy from the card to your PC if you have a compatible card reader and USB port.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54