DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seagull Drone Attack Prevention

I have had bad luck with birds of prey in general two times I already got attacked by red tail hawks. So I have learned that if you see a bird coming near your drone just stick it in sport mode and fly up quickly above it it screws the birds mentality up and they typically will fly away. You can fly much quicker than they can upward and that spooks them it seems!

Reactions: Droniac
I have plenty of experience , and we have found there is no magic bullet or color or light that really helps.

You have to rely on VLOS and you dont want to come across as an injured bird in the sky as they love to attack from behind , Your best defense is a vertical straight up engagement , followed by some crazy ivans and VLOS is a must.

I have been working on a whistle that would attach , but have no idea how effective it will be yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I am assuming VLOS stands for Visual Line Of Sight?
Or is it a piece of equipment you made?
Also, just looked at your site, I really could have used that wetsuit in Greece.... just had to send my drone in for a complete refurb I think.

Hello from Ireland,
Do any of you have any resolution regarding Seagull Drone Attack Prevention, please?

I Am wondering would one of those Drone Flashing Lights placed on top of the Drone do the job?
Do you have experience of my dilemma?

Thank You,
Sláin
Have someone stand next to you with a bag of fish and chips.They wont care about the drone then

Just toss them a bag of Doritos and your good to go.
I am assuming VLOS stands for Visual Line Of Sight?
Or is it a piece of equipment you made?
Also, just looked at your site, I really could have used that wetsuit in Greece.... just had to send my drone in for a complete refurb I think.
My 2 cents. Been there. Now own the wetsuit along with the mavic pilots package they offer. No regrets here. You can see it was a very painstaking process to achieve ample protection. But he did and it does. I hope that made sense. Neoprene on a uav. Love it. The water just drips off. Safe flights and enjoy. Godspeed, Droniac

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hello from Ireland,
Do any of you have any resolution regarding Seagull Drone Attack Prevention, please?

I Am wondering would one of those Drone Flashing Lights placed on top of the Drone do the job?
Do you have experience of my dilemma?

Thank You,
Sláin
A friend of mine was flying near a lighthouse and saw a bird chasing his drone. Video was on and took some quick action and erratic flying. He later took the frame form his video. It was close.

Attachments

• Bird.jpg
    Bird.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82