DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Seattle Skyline, Houseboats and Marina at Union Lake

macfawlty

Reactions
Here's the video to accompany the panos from this thread - Air 2 - Seattle Skyline Panos

I should have brought my M2P on this trip, but the MA2 image quality is decent in this lighting. I see a M3 Classic in my near future.

The houseboats and marina were at Union Lake. I launched from a public dock at Terry Pettus Park. Just be aware of the Seaplane activity on Union Lake The Space Needle I launched from a parking garage somewhere along Broad St.

Last edited:
Loved the vid also! For the stills, I guessed Lake Union, but couldn't figure out where on Broad St you were for the Space Needle shots. Thought you must have been northwest of Broad St.--like off of Elliot Way or so, down near the water.

Lived in Seattle (Magnolia Bluff) from 5th grade thru Jr. high. Been back many times since. Lots of good seafood, good beer, and good coffee in that town. Good people too.

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

Loved the vid also! For the stills, I guessed Lake Union, but couldn't figure out where on Broad St you were for the Space Needle shots. Thought you must have been northwest of Broad St.--like off of Elliot Way or so, down near the water.

Lived in Seattle (Magnolia Bluff) from 5th grade thru Jr. high. Been back many times since. Lots of good seafood, good beer, and good coffee in that town. Good people too.

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)
Yeh, I was trying to pinpoint that parking garage on Google Maps. It had to be close to Denny Way as there weren't any buildings blocking VLOS (for the most part).

Reactions: Hauptmann
Here's the video to accompany the panos from this thread - Air 2 - Seattle Skyline Panos

I should have brought my M2P on this trip, but the MA2 image quality is decent in this lighting. I see a M3 Classic in my near future.

The houseboats and marina were at Union Lake. I launched from a public dock at Terry Pettus Park. Just be aware of the Seaplane activity on Union Lake The Space Needle I launched from a parking garage somewhere along Broad St.

Nice video!

I agree, nice video. You mentioned your Mavic 2 & wanting a Mavic. I've been there and have a comment. My Mavic 3 Classic is a good stable platform, but as far as video goes, I don't see a real difference between the M2 & M3 Classic. If you shoot 4K/60, its better video but other than that, I wouldn't feel bad about your Mavic 2 Pro.

Nice video

I agree, nice video. You mentioned your Mavic 2 & wanting a Mavic. I've been there and have a comment. My Mavic 3 Classic is a good stable platform, but as far as video goes, I don't see a real difference between the M2 & M3 Classic. If you shoot 4K/60, its better video but other than that, I wouldn't feel bad about your Mavic 2 Pro.
The M2P camera is good, but it's a clumsy flier. The M3C definitely has a lot of upgrades. Any one or two new features are worth it (i.e., extended flight time, omni-directional sensing). As I've had a few crashes when flying sideways, the side sensors are a welcome addition. Image quality is key, especially low light. I've gotten a lot of longevity out of the M2P where I would typically have expected to upgrade a couple times. it will be nice to have it as a backup as the MA2 was disappointing. I'll be ordering the M3C next week in preparation for a trip to Sint Maarten in early July and Norway in August.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne