DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second M2 Fly More kit arrived- Open the box?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I just got notice that the Mavic 2 FMC that I ordered from B&H just arrived. I haven't even taken it in yet. I was thinking about when I would want to buy replacement batteryees, but my gut told me that if I ever needed to replace the old batteries I might have trouble finding them, so I jumped on the deal that was presented now. I already have 3 batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro, but they are 2 years old. I feel that the flight time of the older batteries is starting to wane, but still in the acceptable range. I want the new batteries to be fresh and have full power when I have to retire the old batteries. I guess there is a two part question, but perhaps the answer to the first answer will dictate the second. Maybe there is only one question?

1) As I don't NEED the 2 extra batteries right now. I never completely go through three batteries in a outing. My main case accomdate 5 batteries if I ditch a few accessories that occupy the extra compartments. But again, at this moment I don't NEED them. So it is best if I leave the new batteries in factory condition with only the charge that they put on them in the factory?

2) While the FMC comes with a bag, props, a charging hub, I don't need any of those. I have two charging hubs (one a Hanatora 4 bank and one DJI from my first FMC). I'M THINKING NOW TO EVEN BREAK THE SEAL ON THE BOX in the event that I should sell it or my entire Mavic 2 kit down the road. If I don't sell the M2 at some point I'll want/need fresh batteries.

What do you think?

Those new batteries are in hibernation mode and will be in good condition for quite some time. I have purchased LiPo's (for a different drone) that were at least four years old from date of manufacture but never put into service until I got them. They are performing like the original batteries did.

I would keep the box unopened until you need to use the batteries, and if you never do, and for some reason sell your Mavic - an unopened FM pack will be worth a good bit more than used batteries, especially if the supply of those batteries is drying up or gone.

Just my .02$

Those new batteries are in hibernation mode and will be in good condition for quite some time. I have purchased LiPo's (for a different drone) that were at least four years old from date of manufacture but never put into service until I got them. They are performing like the original batteries did.

I would keep the box unopened until you need to use the batteries, and if you never do, and for some reason sell your Mavic - an unopened FM pack will be worth a good bit more than used batteries, especially if the supply of those batteries is drying up or gone.

Just my .02$
I think you are confirming my thoughts. I may never use the new batteries, but if the old ones go south and I still have the Mavic2 I’ll be able to fly until the second set of batteries go bad or I crash the thing.

It came. $299, tax free, free shipping. Two batteries ala carte with no extras elsewhere with tax would have been $394.
Not going to open the box and let the batteries hibernate until I need them.

1665525152543.png

I just got notice that the Mavic 2 FMC that I ordered from B&H just arrived. I haven't even taken it in yet. I was thinking about when I would want to buy replacement batteryees, but my gut told me that if I ever needed to replace the old batteries I might have trouble finding them, so I jumped on the deal that was presented now. I already have 3 batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro, but they are 2 years old. I feel that the flight time of the older batteries is starting to wane, but still in the acceptable range. I want the new batteries to be fresh and have full power when I have to retire the old batteries. I guess there is a two part question, but perhaps the answer to the first answer will dictate the second. Maybe there is only one question?

1) As I don't NEED the 2 extra batteries right now. I never completely go through three batteries in a outing. My main case accomdate 5 batteries if I ditch a few accessories that occupy the extra compartments. But again, at this moment I don't NEED them. So it is best if I leave the new batteries in factory condition with only the charge that they put on them in the factory?

2) While the FMC comes with a bag, props, a charging hub, I don't need any of those. I have two charging hubs (one a Hanatora 4 bank and one DJI from my first FMC). I'M THINKING NOW TO EVEN BREAK THE SEAL ON THE BOX in the event that I should sell it or my entire Mavic 2 kit down the road. If I don't sell the M2 at some point I'll want/need fresh batteries.

What do you think?
Hi-i just purchased the FMC too from BH and had the same question.Thanks for asking that!

I would open it, there have been quite some cases of DJI batteries dead out of the box. Can never know how long they've been sitting on a shelf so while they are in hibernation they could have been there for 4 years and they eventually self-discharge too much. Even if you sell a wise seller would want you to open the box and check them, so might as well do it yourself now when you can still return them if defective.

I recently purchased new batteries for my M2, and asked DJI how long I could store them before opening the box. I got some vague answers, but they concluded that factory-hibernated batteries have a much longer shelf-life than a battery that has been used and left in storage mode.
On the box for new batteries there is a production month and year. I have previously bought a one year old battery in factory hibernation, charged it, and have used it several times. It works perfectly.
The batteries I purchased a few days ago are manufactured in September this year, so I think I will leave them hibernated until spring.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki