DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seeking advice - first "incident"

That's something that is an unknown here.
The M1P OA should see it rise until it can clear an obstacle.
The questions is, will it climb such a height to clear the 'thing' in the way ?
Or will it be deemed too high within the flight parameters, or possibly run out of battery trying (if low on juice) ?
A flight log should have an answer hopefully.

The flight log doesn’t have any of that info because it was disconnected from the remote and my phone. The only flight log I know of is what lives on the phone, and when I looked at that it has no data after the disconnect (at which point it was flying just fine). Is there something hidden on the memory card that will have more details? I have the memory card right here, but the drone is off to DJI.

... Is there something hidden ...
As this was a Mavic Pro 1 which has a readable AC DAT log (which is off loaded with DJI Assistant 2), we could have used that to see what happened during the period it was disconnected from the RC ... but with the AC shipped away it's to late know I imagine.

Aircraft DAT files

These contain the most comprehensive data, logged at the highest rates. A DAT file is started at aircraft power up and continued until power down, and includes numerous boot sequence, sensor calibration and diagnostic data in the flight event stream. There are also hundreds of data fields, many of which are flags or diagnostic computations of unknown types, probably understood only by DJI. However, among these are the raw and processed sensor data and the IMU solution for aircraft attitude, position, velocity and heading, together with battery and motor data, recorded at rates varying from 5 Hz to 200 Hz. These data are very valuable for diagnosing flight control problems. The files exist independent of the mobile device control app being used.

Unfortunately, on recent DJI models (Mavic Air, Mavic 2, Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini 2) the decryption keys are hidden, and so those are not readable except by DJI.

As this was a Mavic Pro 1 which has a readable AC DAT log (which is off loaded with DJI Assistant 2), we could have used that to see what happened during the period it was disconnected from the RC ... but with the AC shipped away it's to late know I imagine.

Aircraft DAT files

These contain the most comprehensive data, logged at the highest rates. A DAT file is started at aircraft power up and continued until power down, and includes numerous boot sequence, sensor calibration and diagnostic data in the flight event stream. There are also hundreds of data fields, many of which are flags or diagnostic computations of unknown types, probably understood only by DJI. However, among these are the raw and processed sensor data and the IMU solution for aircraft attitude, position, velocity and heading, together with battery and motor data, recorded at rates varying from 5 Hz to 200 Hz. These data are very valuable for diagnosing flight control problems. The files exist independent of the mobile device control app being used.

Unfortunately, on recent DJI models (Mavic Air, Mavic 2, Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini 2) the decryption keys are hidden, and so those are not readable except by DJI.
Dang, that I didn't know. I had the drone here for a couple weeks after the incident too...I wish I'd known how to get that. I do have the memory card here, but they don't appear to be stored on the memory card - is that correct? I think the spot where the USB would plug in to the aircraft was bent/banged up to the point that it wouldn't have worked as well. I got pictures from DJI that show all the damage (I didn't take any of my own).

Dang, that I didn't know. I had the drone here for a couple weeks after the incident too...I wish I'd known how to get that. I do have the memory card here, but they don't appear to be stored on the memory card - is that correct? I think the spot where the USB would plug in to the aircraft was bent/banged up to the point that it wouldn't have worked as well. I got pictures from DJI that show all the damage (I didn't take any of my own).
It's nothing log wise stored on the onboard SD card ... & in order to be able to off load the AC DAT log with DJI Assistant 2 you of course need to hook it up to a computer via the USB port, with that destroyed you're out of luck I'm afraid.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO