DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sell my Mavic pro now, and buy a Mavic Pro 2 - should I do that?

fredbjor

Reactions
Hi!

I'm thinking of selling my old Mavic pro now, while it's still worth something and buying a the new model. - Is that a good idea?

Probably not if you can't afford to have both.
Then you can see if you need both and decide then.
The 2 will have better options in the future like integrated display and wotnot Hopefully!

Hi!

I'm thinking of selling my old Mavic pro now, while it's still worth something and buying a the new model. - Is that a good idea?

What's your mission?
  1. To have the latest and greatest Mavic, regardless of price? (Just a toy)
  2. To use it for work because you need the added capabilities of the Hasselblad camera?
  3. For added protection since it has more sensors? (Easily overcome with $15 prop guards for your MP)
  4. How often do you use your MP?

Mavics and Phantoms maintain their value for years. I still see Phantom 3 Standards for $300-$350 used and people still buy them. New Mavics depreciate as soon as you buy them, but level out at around 70 - 75% even after 2 years. I buy sell and trade DJI drones and have not seen the MP or MPP prices drop a hair since the M2 has been released. Big difference in price is a contributing factor.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
What's your mission?
  1. To have the latest and greatest Mavic, regardless of price? (Just a toy)
  2. To use it for work because you need the added capabilities of the Hasselblad camera?
  3. For added protection since it has more sensors? (Easily overcome with $15 prop guards for your MP)
  4. How often do you use your MP?

Mavics and Phantoms maintain their value for years. I still see Phantom 3 Standards for $300-$350 used and people still buy them. New Mavics depreciate as soon as you buy them, but level out at around 70 - 75% even after 2 years. I buy sell and trade DJI drones and have not seen the MP or MPP prices drop a hair since the M2 has been released. Big difference in price is a contributing factor.

Hi!

Well, I have had my Mavic for more than two years now. I think that there are a few problems with the camera. For example in very contrast rich situations. - And, I prefer not to have go to manual mode all the time! Do someone know if the new modells have better working automatic modes?

Probably not if you can't afford to have both.
Then you can see if you need both and decide then.
The 2 will have better options in the future like integrated display and wotnot Hopefully!

No, Can't afford two!

Do you know if the automatic modes works better in those new modells?

Every individual will have a differing opinion. Ultimately you'll have to weigh the benefits/costs yourself. I waited about a year for the MP1 refurbs to come out and saved hundreds of dollars. That suits me fine. I don't need to have the latest and greatest tech as soon as it hits the market. MP1's (refurbs with one year warranty and new battery) are less than half the price of the MP2's right now, and the MP2 is not worth twice the price to me. Why not try getting more out of your MP1 pics by shooting RAW/DNG and post processing? You'll be surprised how much better results you'll get.

I think in part DJI's decision to raise the price of the M2Z/P to $1249/1499 contributed to the M1Ps retaining their resale value. Its in effect being sold at a lower price point (and competing with the Evo at $999).

Reactions: Former Member
I would say yes it is!
I just did this myself today actually. Nothing to do with being able to afford it as others have mentioned but for me I knew once I got the Mavic 2 I would most likely never fly my mavic pro again. Why not have money go towards the new one vs sitting in a closet doing nothing.

I've had the Blade Chroma 4k since 2015. I've had the M2P along with a iPad Mini 4 in my shopping cart for a couple of days. Just can't click checkout yet. PayPal is offering a 2 year payment plan at 0% for two years for purchases over $600 on ebay through 11/25. Help me click the button.

Hi!

Yes, dont hesitate, is my opinion. Especially if it won't break your bank [emoji4]

Bought my M1P second hand, had 6 months practice with it, bought some extras, sold it with just £100 loss, then bought M2Z with fly more pack. Best point is the 360 obstacle avoidance (ok, only in 2 modes, but it’s there), but overall a better experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead