DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK - Selling Mavic 3 Classic for Mini Pro

leebroath

Reactions
Has anyone in the UK decided to sell their Mavic 3 due to the current mess with the CAA/DofT?

I‘m on the fence whether now may be a good time to sell, and just go back to a drone which has a lower weight (with less red tape) aka Mini Pro

I’m also not sure what the new laws will be regarding the flying of a M3C, and it looks like they may use their own classification

I know it’s still all up in the air (pardon the pun), and I just wish they would get their fingers out, but I’m just thinking ahead.

The only other drone I have, is the original Mavic Pro and I doubt that the batteries would even respond to a charge after the time it has sat doing nothing.
I treated myself to a Mini 3 Pro about 18 months ago, purely because it was a sub 250g drone and a lot less hassle here, in the UK.
To be honest, I have no idea what the CAA will come up with next, but it will do nothing for our hobby in the longer term. There are too many drones out there, owned by people who really don't care about the current legislation, let alone what may come in the future.
All we can do is carry on flying legitimately, with the best equipment available and the Mini series does seem to tick the right boxes for me.

Thanks

I think the only real reason I didn’t like the Mini was due to the fixed aperture and how it performed in the wind recording video

Have you had any issues with this at all, especially with the Scottish windy weather? :D

Reactions: Jake 61
Thanks

I think the only real reason I didn’t like the Mini was due to the fixed aperture and how it performed in the wind recording video

Have you had any issues with this at all, especially with the Scottish windy weather? :D
No, not really. Obviously, it is a lightweight but I put it up for some photos of roof damage a couple of weeks back and where yes, it was caught by the wind, I was still able to get a grip of it and take my photos for the roofer.
Regarding the fixed apperture, grab a set of filters for it. I like it, it has surprised me several times now.

Reactions: leebroath

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart