DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sell The Pro 2?

Nah ... wouldn't say it's completely game over after that, at least not in Sweden (should be pretty similar in all EU). Below is what's stated in the official sources ... in their simplified process map --> https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/4...vergangsreglerna/overgangsregler-uas-ver8.pdf

After Jan 1 2023

Drone weight between 250g - 25kg:

Only over participating people, Min. 150m from residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational areas. Remote pilot with A3 competence, Max. 120m height or +15 m over obstacles.

Drone weight less than 250g:

Read user manual. OK over people but not a crowd. Max. 50m away in follow me mode. Max. 120m height or +15 m over obstacles.
what about article 16 ???

8.1 Model Aircraft with an MTOM between 250g and 7.5Kg
Our Authorisation stipulates that model aircraft (other than free flight aircraft) between 250g and 7.5Kg cannot be operated:

• Within 30m of any uninvolved person. (Uninvolved Persons are those who are not participating in the UAS operation or who are not aware of the instructions and safety precautions given by the UAS operator). This distance may be reduced to 15m for take-off and landing subject to adequate local mitigations to protect uninvolved persons and the completion of a risk assessment.
  • Within a horizontal distance of 30m of assemblies of people. (Assemblies of people are gatherings where persons are unable to move away due to the density of the people present).
there are a few recognised clubs in the uk that members can fly within these rules i belong one of them.

what about article 16 ???

8.1 Model Aircraft with an MTOM between 250g and 7.5Kg
Our Authorisation stipulates that model aircraft (other than free flight aircraft) between 250g and 7.5Kg cannot be operated:

• Within 30m of any uninvolved person. (Uninvolved Persons are those who are not participating in the UAS operation or who are not aware of the instructions and safety precautions given by the UAS operator). This distance may be reduced to 15m for take-off and landing subject to adequate local mitigations to protect uninvolved persons and the completion of a risk assessment.
  • Within a horizontal distance of 30m of assemblies of people. (Assemblies of people are gatherings where persons are unable to move away due to the density of the people present).
there are a few recognised clubs in the uk that members can fly within these rules i belong one of them.
It's for sure some differences in how countries translate the EU regulations ... nothing about 30m is mentioned in the Swedish regulations so far ...

It's for sure some differences in how countries translate the EU regulations ... nothing about 30m is mentioned in the Swedish regulations so far ...
yes this is from the CAA in the Uk.

Do NOT sell your Pro 2. I did it after reading the new regulations. Insurance is cheap, the required pilot test easily made in 20 min. Bought the Mini2 instead and I like it. Will keep that little bird but sure I will get me another Pro 2. I deeply regret having it sold. You can never make vids like the one enclosed with a Mini2.

Regardless of when an MP3 comes out, I am not selling my MP2 because I have flown it totally closed loop since Fall of 2019. That means it is *never* connected to wifi or cell signal and has not had any firmware update on the bird or smart controller since that time.

While I do have a couple of areas I have to be mindful of in terms of geo-fencing, most of the area in which I operate is free and clear and I want / need it to remain as such.

My gut instinct tells me that I will be flying it just like I do now well past 2023...

Reactions: gppms and L o k i
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22