DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensor calibration issue fixed

He11cat

Reactions
Hello everyone, I hoped to share my experience over the past 2 days and how I resolved the issue. I'm new to the forum but have been flying my Mavic pro since Feb. 2017.

Recently it popped up with the error message that both my forward and downward facing image sensors needed to be calibrated. I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 on my PC running windows 10. I'm using a 50 LCD TV as a monitor. I had no trouble downloading and installing the program, or getting my drone to connect.

My troubles began when I tried to calibrate the image sensors, kept getting an error message that the drone could not recognize the calibration pattern. I tried downgrading the firmware, changing the display resolution, restarting the drone, etc. Nothing worked. I then updated the firmware back to the latest version, and phoned a friend. He told me that he had done the calibration to his mavic some time ago using a 19"LCD monitor, I went over and grabbed his monitor, plugged it into my PC and was able to calibrate my drone the very next attempt.

All things being the same the monitor was the only difference. Hope this can help somebody.

Hello everyone, I hoped to share my experience over the past 2 days and how I resolved the issue. I'm new to the forum but have been flying my Mavic pro since Feb. 2017.

Recently it popped up with the error message that both my forward and downward facing image sensors needed to be calibrated. I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 on my PC running windows 10. I'm using a 50 LCD TV as a monitor. I had no trouble downloading and installing the program, or getting my drone to connect.

My troubles began when I tried to calibrate the image sensors, kept getting an error message that the drone could not recognize the calibration pattern. I tried downgrading the firmware, changing the display resolution, restarting the drone, etc. Nothing worked. I then updated the firmware back to the latest version, and phoned a friend. He told me that he had done the calibration to his mavic some time ago using a 19"LCD monitor, I went over and grabbed his monitor, plugged it into my PC and was able to calibrate my drone the very next attempt.

All things being the same the monitor was the only difference. Hope this can help somebody.

Funny enough I had the same issue, it wouldnt work on my laptop, a 50" TV or a 22" monitor, then it started working on the laptop, my error was something about outside of range or something

I got the same message with my Mavic Air, but when I tried to calibrate using my Windows 10 Lenovo notebook it kept corrupting my micro SD and failing. DJI support suggested I try another PC so i tried my wife’s notebook PC, which sort of worked, but now I find it does worse than before for hitting the landing pad.

Is there a trick to doing this right? Must I use a larger monitor? Why would one Windows 10 machine work and another corrupt my memory?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7