DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seoul, South Korea

Nansam Tower, featured in many kdramas :). I'm guessing there are some restrictions on flying in Seoul and near the DMZ but is the rest of the country pretty available for fly legally?

Reactions: Capt KO and MPone
Nansam Tower, featured in many kdramas :). I'm guessing there are some restrictions on flying in Seoul and near the DMZ but is the rest of the country pretty available for fly legally?

The tower is right out outside of a NFZ. I launched at the edge of the NFZ and I almost lost the drone when I couldn't fly in to my home point on return due to the NFZ. I could launch out but not couldn't return. Probably due to some shift of the GPS.

The tower is right out outside of a NFZ. I launched at the edge of the NFZ and I almost lost the drone when I couldn't fly in to my home point on return due to the NFZ. I could launch out but not couldn't return. Probably due to some shift of the GPS.
That's scary, glad you got it back. Little easier flying back home in Fort Myers I assume. Nice film but was surprised at the lack of people. Until I read further thought it was because of the virus. Good job

Reactions: MPone
Annyeonghaseyo! Namsam Tower one of my favorite spots while living in Korea! WOW how things have changed. I lived in Youngsan.
Enjoyed the Flashback!! Nice Flying!!

Thanks. Wished I could an aerial footage over the palaces. But too bad they are in the NFZ.

That's scary, glad you got it back. Little easier flying back home in Fort Myers I assume. Nice film but was surprised at the lack of people. Until I read further thought it was because of the virus. Good job

This was filmed in Jan 2020. No COVID-19 then. I guess more footage around Fort Myers soon with all the air travel restrictions.
Thanks for watching and comments.

Video was shot in January 2020 before the COVID-19 virus outbreak.
i love this video! i am here as well and would love to take such aerial shots. i assume your home point was somewhere in namsan park? it is ok to launch from there, if i stay away from city center or the palaces? thanks in advance!

Reactions: MPone
i love this video! i am here as well and would love to take such aerial shots. i assume your home point was somewhere in namsan park? it is ok to launch from there, if i stay away from city center or the palaces? thanks in advance!

I think Namsan Park is out of the NFZ dome. I flew from the rooftop of my hotel on the edge of the NFZ and almost lost the drone when it won’t return to me due the NFZ. All the 3 palaces are in the NFZ. But beware of flying near the Seoul Tower, there’s huge magnetic interference. I lost signal several times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters