DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sequential quick shots?

Maverick 007

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots:

I love quickshots. Easy, precise, etc. I am wondering if there is a way to automate Quickshots to run one after another. For example, I would like to do a Dronie, and as soon as the Drone reaches programmed altitude for it to immediately continue with a second function, for example a Spiral.
The trick is to have the aircraft continue recording as it goes from “Dronie” to “Spiral”.
How do I do this?
Your help will be much appreciated!

Yours truly,

Maverick

Hello fellow pilots:

I love quickshots. Easy, precise, etc. I am wondering if there is a way to automate Quickshots to run one after another. For example, I would like to do a Dronie, and as soon as the Drone reaches programmed altitude for it to immediately continue with a second function, for example a Spiral.
The trick is to have the aircraft continue recording as it goes from “Dronie” to “Spiral”.
How do I do this?
Your help will be much appreciated!

Yours truly,

Maverick
There is no current path to do this.... the closest is the Masterhots feature on the Air 2S which does a series of quickshots with no input from the pilot but you can't pick the order that in which they are executed.

I would like to do a Dronie, and as soon as the Drone reaches programmed altitude for it to immediately continue with a second function, for example a Spiral.
There is no big advantage to this as often you want to start from the same initial position for each maneuver.

However here are two ways you could simulate your scenario:

1: Execute an automated Dronie then cancel when it reaches its apex so that it doesn't return to its initial position. Then do a Spiral quickshot and combine the two in post.... it would be nearly seamless, quick and easy.

2: A manual dronie is really just as easy as an automated one; push the left stick up and the right stick down....you can do a manual dronie then follow with an automated Spiral then combine in post editing.

They key to most drone video including quickshots is that at some point you have to use an editor to get the most out of it.... otherwise the footage is just a series of unrelated clips and uninteresting to most viewers. This means it really doesn't matter if the filming is seamless it can be easily combined later. More important is to plan the start and end position of your shots so you can combine your clips in a meaningful way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty