DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No d-log on circle or dronie?

hedbonker

Reactions
I was at the local park doing some testing with the automation features of the AIR 3. My first attempt with waypoints but while I was there I tried out the Dronie and Corcle options and while they worked OK when I checked the footage, the waypoint flight was recorded in D-log as expected but Dronie and circle were not - They looked like regular REC709, not D-LOG.

Is that the expected result? Is this a bug that we are waiting for DJI to address?

Maybe it's a "feature"

A lot of the time most automated flight modes are only available in standard video mode. Perhaps because of using the processor for flight path computation it can't really manage both at once.

Reactions: hedbonker
My experience might/might not help, perhaps worth mentioning though. When I choose the settings d-log and H265 on my Mavic 3C, and shoot normal footage (ie not Quick or Master Shots) the files look/work as expected (low saturation and contrast) but when I select a QS mode, the file still looks like regular d-log but it won´t open in Resolve. After a lot of asking around I noticed that QS files, while shot with d-log and H265 SELECTED (or so I thought), were actually saved in d-log BUT NOT H265. H264 INSTEAD. Which is not readable by Resolve Free. Only by using Handbrake was the file changed to H265, which I already thought it was...
Perhaps something similar is happening in your case - your file has not been saved with the settings you selected. I have seen posts claiming that QSs can´t be shot in d-log because it/they is/are so CPU intensive, which isn´t entirely correct, but in my case H265 is NOT maintained.

A lot of the time most automated flight modes are only available in standard video mode. Perhaps because of using the processor for flight path computation it can't really manage both at once.

This is almost certainly the reason. Subject tracking computation and Dlog compression (regardless of bitdepth) are handled by the GPU. While dlog doesn't take much, tracking does.

We've seen log-based profiles unavailable on other models when using ActiveTrack on other models regularly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123