Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Serial Number of my Mavic 2 Pro changed after service

ziv2liv

Reactions
Hello everyone,
After receiving error code 200 which rendered the aircraft unusable, I sent it to DJI for a check and their prognosis was that the gimbal received no power at all. Hmmm... kinda strange cause the drone never crashed or hit anything, but okay. After the repair was done, they offered me the DJI care refresh which I accepted but when I tried to activated it, the system told me that my DJI care (which I originally purchased in 2019 when I bought the aircraft) has expired. I was confused cause there was no option to renew.
I contacted DJI and found out that after service, my serial number has changed. I managed to refresh my DJI Care with the new serial number, but now I wonder if they actually replaced my drone altogether and gave me a refurbished one instead of fixing the one I have...
BTW, cost of the repair was not cheap but not outrageously expensive, about $200.

brett8883

Solutions
Reactions
Hello everyone,
After receiving error code 200 which rendered the aircraft unusable, I sent it to DJI for a check and their prognosis was that the gimbal received no power at all. Hmmm... kinda strange cause the drone never crashed or hit anything, but okay. After the repair was done, they offered me the DJI care refresh which I accepted but when I tried to activated it, the system told me that my DJI care (which I originally purchased in 2019 when I bought the aircraft) has expired. I was confused cause there was no option to renew.
I contacted DJI and found out that after service, my serial number has changed. I managed to refresh my DJI Care with the new serial number, but now I wonder if they actually replaced my drone altogether and gave me a refurbished one instead of fixing the one I have...
BTW, cost of the repair was not cheap but not outrageously expensive, about $200.
Yea almost certainly they gave you a refurbished one which is fine. If you registered it under part 107 just remember to update the serial number on drone zone

Cymruflyer

Reactions
I had a gimbal issue too, so yours was cheap, mine cost me $340 and yes they replaced it with another complete drone and different serial number. They tell you the repair costs, then if you accept they just send out a different drone to speed things up.

ziv2liv

Reactions
I had a gimbal issue too, so yours was cheap, mine cost me $340 and yes they replaced it with another complete drone and different serial number. They tell you the repair costs, then if you accept they just send out a different drone to speed things up.
Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense.

maggior

Reactions

I experienced this when I sent my Smart Controller in for some issues. They diagnosed and priced out the repair, which was covered under warranty. I was shocked when I received a new SC! It seemed like they repaired it awfully quickly...but they didn't. When the repairs are made, those units probably go into the stock of refurbs to send out for other repairs.

It was kind of a pain that I had to do all of the updates and set my SC up all over again, but I was happy I got a new controller since my problem was very intermittent and I worried if they would actually fix it since it would be hard to verify.

brett8883

Solutions
Reactions
Yea it’s a win win because your get a device back faster and they probably send it back to China where it’s much cheaper for them to repair and they have the parts already.

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mavic Mini (renewed) - $309
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $699
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1599

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members