DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serial Number of my Mavic 2 Pro changed after service

ziv2liv

Reactions
Hello everyone,
After receiving error code 200 which rendered the aircraft unusable, I sent it to DJI for a check and their prognosis was that the gimbal received no power at all. Hmmm... kinda strange cause the drone never crashed or hit anything, but okay. After the repair was done, they offered me the DJI care refresh which I accepted but when I tried to activated it, the system told me that my DJI care (which I originally purchased in 2019 when I bought the aircraft) has expired. I was confused cause there was no option to renew.
I contacted DJI and found out that after service, my serial number has changed. I managed to refresh my DJI Care with the new serial number, but now I wonder if they actually replaced my drone altogether and gave me a refurbished one instead of fixing the one I have...
BTW, cost of the repair was not cheap but not outrageously expensive, about $200.

Hello everyone,
After receiving error code 200 which rendered the aircraft unusable, I sent it to DJI for a check and their prognosis was that the gimbal received no power at all. Hmmm... kinda strange cause the drone never crashed or hit anything, but okay. After the repair was done, they offered me the DJI care refresh which I accepted but when I tried to activated it, the system told me that my DJI care (which I originally purchased in 2019 when I bought the aircraft) has expired. I was confused cause there was no option to renew.
I contacted DJI and found out that after service, my serial number has changed. I managed to refresh my DJI Care with the new serial number, but now I wonder if they actually replaced my drone altogether and gave me a refurbished one instead of fixing the one I have...
BTW, cost of the repair was not cheap but not outrageously expensive, about $200.
Yea almost certainly they gave you a refurbished one which is fine. If you registered it under part 107 just remember to update the serial number on drone zone

I had a gimbal issue too, so yours was cheap, mine cost me $340 and yes they replaced it with another complete drone and different serial number. They tell you the repair costs, then if you accept they just send out a different drone to speed things up.

I had a gimbal issue too, so yours was cheap, mine cost me $340 and yes they replaced it with another complete drone and different serial number. They tell you the repair costs, then if you accept they just send out a different drone to speed things up.
Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense.

I experienced this when I sent my Smart Controller in for some issues. They diagnosed and priced out the repair, which was covered under warranty. I was shocked when I received a new SC! It seemed like they repaired it awfully quickly...but they didn't. When the repairs are made, those units probably go into the stock of refurbs to send out for other repairs.

It was kind of a pain that I had to do all of the updates and set my SC up all over again, but I was happy I got a new controller since my problem was very intermittent and I worried if they would actually fix it since it would be hard to verify.

Yea it’s a win win because your get a device back faster and they probably send it back to China where it’s much cheaper for them to repair and they have the parts already.

Reactions: ziv2liv
If it has a different SN, then yes, they exchanged it with another drone. Unfortunately, you will also need to reregister with the FAA and cancel the FAA number to your previous drone (that is if you had registered it).

If it has a different SN, then yes, they exchanged it with another drone. Unfortunately, you will also need to reregister with the FAA and cancel the FAA number to your previous drone (that is if you had registered it).
Only if you are part 107. Recreational pilots don't give FAA drone serial numbers.

Only if you are part 107. Recreational pilots don't give FAA drone serial numbers.
If you take the time to read my message in its entirety you will read, (that is if you had registered it).

If you take the time to read my message in its entirety you will read, (that is if you had registered it).
Understood, however, many people tell newbees coming here, that they have to register their drone with the FAA. They are just not being specific, so what they actually mean is that the pilot needs to register themselves with the FAA if they are only rec pilots. If they want to do it commercially, then they need to register each drone they own.

Therefore when you say "...if you registered it", without being specific for newbees, they may think you mean if they ever registered anything with the FAA. And of course if rec. pilots that would only have been themselves.

With that said, there are plenty of people on here who thought that when they registered as rec. pilots with the FAA, they were registering their drone and not themselves. That's why I made the clarification so that newbees or those who do not read every word or understand every word when registering as rec. pilots, do understand about what you are speaking of.

Reactions: maggior
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada