DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serious Mavic Software Issues

mattchungz

Reactions
Hey all, new to the forum here. I've been spending the past week trying troubleshoot my Mavic Pro and I'm out of ideas. Figured I'd sign up and reach out to see if anyone else has experienced these same issues.

I've never had issues with my drone and crashed it once way back when I first purchased it but that was over a year and a half ago and I've had numerous successful flights and shoots since then.

Recently, I changed my video resolution from 4k 24fps to 1080p 60fps. I then tried to change the resolution back to 4k. When I try selecting, nothing happens. It was stuck at 1080p 60fps. So then I reset the camera settings and now it's stuck in photo mode and when I click the icon to switch to video, nothing happens. Hitting the record button on the controller doesn't do anything. I am able to take photos but I also can't switch the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. I figured I'd try updating the firmware to the new 0400 version...

It always fails. Sometimes it would fail at 67%, or 58%, or 61%. But everytime, it'll get stuck and then jump to like 91% before it gives me the failed message. I've tried through DJI Go 4 App and I've tried through DJI Assistant 2. I've tried with 2 different iPhones and I've tried with an Android. I've also used different USB cables and also plugged in through the USB port at the bottom of the controller. Also, when trying with DJI Assistant 2, it'll pick up my controller but when I plug the Mavic directly in, nothing happens, it doesn't pick it up. The only way was to plug the controller in and have my Mavic connected to the controller, however, this causes the fails. Also saw how some users would shut off and turn back their Mavic on when it would get stuck in the update and it worked for them. Didn't work for me.

I'm using a Mac, iPhone 7. Everything is the latest version except the Mavic of course.

So:

- Can't switch to video mode or change photo aspect ratio
- Mavic isn't being recognized by my Mac (controller is though)
- Mavic fails when trying to update firmware

I have a shoot in a couple days but it's looking like I probably won't be able to use my drone...has anyone else experienced these issues?

Posting just to let you know people are reading this. I am not sure I have any suggestions.......
Getting a solid update on the firmware would be nice, but if that cant happen, you may need to get it repaired.
Maybe a heat issue caused a problem that is holding up the updates and causing the camera problems.
Maybe time to let @Thunderdrones work his magic for you?

Reactions: Former Member
Or try to use higher quality data transferring cables not chepos...

Thanks for the responses!

@Thunderdrones I've ensured no loose connections, I've pushed the cable in as far as it goes and don't want to force it anymore to avoid damage but it's plugged in securely.

@Forcecilia I've used the official DJI cable, official Android USB cables, as well as thicker USB cables that support fast charge. None of them worked, they all worked for the controller though.

Reactions: Former Member
I've tried a few SD cards, including the one that came with the drone...think the board that contains the image processor is bricked.

I've tried a few SD cards, including the one that came with the drone...think the board that contains the image processor is bricked.

Can you tell me in short what youre trying to to again?

Your core board is not bricked if you are getting video signal and are able to connect the controller to the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo